My N4 just downloaded and is ready to install the 4.3 update...for the 2nd time...

NotDavidMeek

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 got the 4.3 update within 24 hours of it first going live, and I went ahead and allowed the phone to install it. I've been running it ever since, and haven't had too many issues (some Bluetooth stuttering being the one most obvious issue). Today, I looked at my notifications, and this afternoon I saw the 'system update' icon. I clicked on it and it gave me the same 4.3 Update text I got when I initially received the update several weeks ago ("Android 4.3 System Update"). Under Settings > About Phone, the current Android version on my phone is listed as 4.3.

As a result, I'm hesitant to run this downloaded update, as I'm not sure about installing it again. I just looked on the forums and didn't see anything like this, nor did I see anything about a patch being pushed out. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be, or what I should do next? Thanks.

heelanaya

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 got the 4.3 update within 24 hours of it first going live, and I went ahead and allowed the phone to install it. I've been running it ever since, and haven't had too many issues (some Bluetooth stuttering being the one most obvious issue). Today, I looked at my notifications, and this afternoon I saw the 'system update' icon. I clicked on it and it gave me the same 4.3 Update text I got when I initially received the update several weeks ago ("Android 4.3 System Update"). Under Settings > About Phone, the current Android version on my phone is listed as 4.3.

As a result, I'm hesitant to run this downloaded update, as I'm not sure about installing it again. I just looked on the forums and didn't see anything like this, nor did I see anything about a patch being pushed out. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be, or what I should do next? Thanks.

Its a patch update to fix some issues like deep sleep and all that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
After having to lose all my stuff the first time to the 4.3 update I too am hesitant to apply the one that is now lurking in my notifications.

Posted via Android Central App

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
After having to lose all my stuff the first time to the 4.3 update I too am hesitant to apply the one that is now lurking in my notifications.

You should be fine here. This update checks in at less than 2 MB, so I wouldn't be too worried.

NotDavidMeek

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
OK - thanks for the feedback. I'm new to the Android ecosystem, so I think it would be nice if the update description for the patch (on the phone) was different than for the main release.

gn2moab

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I just updated the patch. I no longer have issues with webpages hanging while loading. WiFi seems to be working better too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

HadaDumbPhone

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
was gonna post a thread about the same situation. glad it was just a patch thought something bad but installed any way because i thought i could have been a patch.

ivanhebc

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the Android ecosystem
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5L Mustang

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Got my update last night and updated it with no issues at all!! Not sure what it did? My phone still works great but it always has!!

sent from Nexus 4 Posted via Android Central App

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Today at work I took my phone out on my lunch break, saw the update, had it install, and then it updated a couple apps (Chrome and Hangouts), and it seems like it's actually speedier than it was before, both on WiFi and also cell data. Hmm...

They can do this kind of an update every day! :D

pjc123

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I got this notice today and installed it, but I lost my TWRP install and root, so it is not just a simple nonintrusive patch. However, everything is running fine.

agp101

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Got the update yesterday. Don't see or feel any noticeable differences. Like was posted on the AC blogs the other day: this small update just fixes some security issues. I forget in relation to what, but I remember the blog post specifying. Hit up the post for more info.

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I got this notice today and installed it, but I lost my TWRP install and root, so it is not just a simple nonintrusive patch. However, everything is running fine.

Got the update last night. I wasn't rooted, but had TWRP installed. Just checked and I also lost TWRP install. Not a big deal, but a little annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress