Android System Draining Battery After KitKat

Soban Arshad

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing android system eating their battery? Its always second in my battery list and the CPU Total is usually from 40 minutes - 1 hour. This is quiet frustrating because now I'm coming home with 40% battery while I used to come home with 60% on 4.3. I even tried force stopping android system but nothing changed the CPU total still keeps climbing. Its still there even after updating to 4.4.2. Can someone please help?

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing android system eating their battery? Its always second in my battery list and the CPU Total is usually from 40 minutes - 1 hour. This is quiet frustrating because now I'm coming home with 40% battery while I used to come home with 60% on 4.3. I even tried force stopping android system but nothing changed the CPU total still keeps climbing. Its still there even after updating to 4.4.2. Can someone please help?

Posted via Android Central App
Factory reset and see if that helps. Although usage numbers are high, do you notice a sizeable difference in battery life post 4.4 update?

Ethan Reinertson

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also experiencing a HUGE drop in battery performance. Backlight is always at 50%, location is off, Bluetooth off, and S-Beam and all that other stuff is off too. My batter lasted 8 hours....that's it from a full charge.:mad: