1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Nexus 4 on AOKP- No wireless service shows R symbol

so i'm on AOKP on my nexus 4, it's the same rom and i have this rom and phone for 1 year now. Everything worked great and now suddenly out of nowhere, my sim card is not getting any service. Literally it was working great and 1 minute later i get this problem. On my phone notifications, it shows "R - no service". I have TMobile. I don't know why this happening. I took out my sim card and tried it on my bro's Moto G and it works there. : I also took his sim card and put it my nexus 4 and it gives the same problem. So it's problem with the phone or settings and i don't know whats wrong. ANYONE HELP? :crying:

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Nexus 4 on AOKP- No wireless service shows R symbol

Toggle data off/on and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, you'll possible need to see if the sim card is the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Toggle data off/on and see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, you'll possible need to see if the sim card is the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    can't even toggle data off or on. no option for that since sim card is not even read, you don't get that option. I don't know if it's my phone's hardware or if it's aokp
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ok it's really weird....Just as quickly and mysteriously this problem came, it went away the same way.

problem popped up several hours ago, and now out of nowhere my sim is all fine again, phone suddenly read sims and i get signal.. and i didn't even do a thing....i'm so confused now. would have been better if fixed it since i would know what the problem is but now it fixed itself somehow and i still don't know what was the problem.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    can't even toggle data off or on. no option for that since sim card is not even read, you don't get that option. I don't know if it's my phone's hardware or if it's aokp
    In the future, you should be able to have access to Airplane Mode, which will accomplish the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    ok it's really weird....Just as quickly and mysteriously this problem came, it went away the same way.

problem popped up several hours ago, and now out of nowhere my sim is all fine again, phone suddenly read sims and i get signal.. and i didn't even do a thing....i'm so confused now. would have been better if fixed it since i would know what the problem is but now it fixed itself somehow and i still don't know what was the problem.
    That's great to here! Sounds like either a carrier or SIM card issue. Either way sounds like you have data working again and are back in working order.