Using Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS is really going to take some getting used to

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure Chomp SMS is the same people that brought biteSMS to jailbroken iPhone's. Was definitely the only app I used for texting the last 4-5 years. Might give it another try on my Nexus 5 but am giving Hangouts a long tryout for the time being. If only I could figure out how to get a GIF to send properly....on any of the ******* texting apps.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure Chomp SMS is the same people that brought biteSMS to jailbroken iPhone's. Was definitely the only app I used for texting the last 4-5 years. Might give it another try on my Nexus 5 but am giving Hangouts a long tryout for the time being. If only I could figure out how to get a GIF to send properly....on any of the ******* texting apps.

IMO Chomp, GoSMS, Handcent, and the rest all look cheap and cartoonish.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It is made by the same people.

IMO Chomp, GoSMS, Handcent, and the rest all look cheap and cartoonish.

You can theme them?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If anybody wants an AOSP type stock messaging app like before hangouts try 8sms. It even has dark mode. I just started using it today.

Meh, I see someone already mentioned it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

shikhapoonia

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to Android - after years of iOS, I have just started using my Nexus 5 a week ago (and enjoying it!)

I just can't figure out
1. how to copy a text message?
2. how to forward a text from one contact to another?

Please help! Thanks!

Po.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to Android - after years of iOS, I have just started using my Nexus 5 a week ago (and enjoying it!)

I just can't figure out
1. how to copy a text message?
2. how to forward a text from one contact to another?

Please help! Thanks!

Po.

long press. remember Grasshopper - with Android - when in doubt - long press.

tlenzen

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!
I recently downloaded 8sms on my S3. I'm loving it so far, the only thing that I miss from the Stock SMS is having the number of messages that you have popup in the little reddish number circle thing that shows on the home screen shortcut. Does anyone know how to add this? Or is there another app that can do this? Or am I just being dense? Haha

giannim

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Are there any messaging apps that function like the Samsung one? I loved the Spam messaging feature on my S3 and being able to mark numbers as spam. So far a lot of the messaging apps I've tried haven't worked the same.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't see what is so confusing about hangouts? You have people you text message and people you message on google chat. Naturally, they are two different conversations b.c google chat is still a desktop client as well.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've just installed a new SMS app called EvolveSMS. Seems pretty neat so far. Follows the an android design guidelines so looks good yet has many more features than hangouts. I'm gonna give it a few days see if it's worth the switch

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've just installed a new SMS app called EvolveSMS. Seems pretty neat so far. Follows the an android design guidelines so looks good yet has many more features than hangouts. I'm gonna give it a few days see if it's worth the switch

Posted via Android Central App

Very nice app. Thx :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk