Activate Sprint nexus 5 from bestbuy

Shay Shahar

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
The only way i can buy the nexus 5 is from bestbuy. I want to know if the phone has a sim lock for Sprint only or i can use it on any other carrier?

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
If you do a contract, it will be locked to Sprint.

If you're going to pay full price, why in the world would you pay the $100 premium for the 16gb model, when you can order it from Google and get the 16gb for $349? Wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered from Google. Then it 100% unlocked and it will work on Sprint, T-Mo and AT&T!

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you do a contract, it will be locked to Sprint.

If you're going to pay full price, why in the world would you pay the $100 premium for the 16gb model, when you can order it from Google and get the 16gb for $349? Wait a couple of weeks for it to be delivered from Google. Then it 100% unlocked and it will work on Sprint, T-Mo and AT&T!

What he said.... Although I wonder how "LOCKED" to Sprint it would be...... If you bought it for $149.99 on contract and then broke your contract and carried it to straight talk, AT&T or T-Mobile with a SIM card would it still be locked? I've seen people take bad ESN phones from Sprint and Flash them to Metro PCS all the time and they work fine even though they are locked with Sprint...

for under $449.99 I got the 32 gig with shipping and taxes added so stupid to buy it outright from Sprint.....

Although it would be a super D*ck move to buy it from Sprint on contract and just ditch them for another carrier....

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The one Sprint sells is the exact same version as the play store version. It is not locked to Sprint. I had a 200 dollar best buy gift card so I picked one up from best buy and popped in my Att Sim and I'm good to go. Technically best buy sells the 'Sprint" version but it's the same phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The one Sprint sells is the exact same version as the play store version. It is not locked to Sprint. I had a 200 dollar best buy gift card so I picked one up from best buy and popped in my Att Sim and I'm good to go. Technically best buy sells the 'Sprint" version but it's the same phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I think they are referring to an on contract device that is subsidized. I don't think it's locked to Sprint but the contract would be in full effect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I think they are referring to an on contract device that is subsidized. I don't think it's locked to Sprint but the contract would be in full effect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Yes that is correct. Your only option would be using the device on a different network if the contact was defaulted.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty