Flashing Blue Notification LED

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I pulled my phone out a bit ago and my LED Notification LED was flashing blue at me. I checked the notification area and there was nothing there. I checked my settings in Light Flow Lite and checked the three areas it was controlling that had a bluish light set. Nothing there (I even changed the colors of those notifications - no change). I looked around the phone as much as I could figure out and could find nothing. I finally had to reboot the phone to get the light to go off. Anyone have any idea what a blue flashing notification LED is supposed to signify on the base phone (I'm assuming it's not a Light Flow Lite issue since it would show anything it set to use that color)?

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't assume its not light flow. Thats a pretty buggy app. Once you get an update that works DO NOT UPDATE THE APP. I f'ed up and had an update that worked and updated anyway then is topped working properly till the next update.

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Happened again today. I'm not sure about the times, but I believe it was a bit after 1100 hrs both days. I still can't find anything that would set such a notification.

MerkurMan

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Light Flow comes with two debugging widgets that will display whatever app is currently creating the notification on your home screen. That might help narrow down the offender.

Posted via Android Central App

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Had this happen yesterday on my N5 - blue LED flashing without any associated notification which required a reboot to stop. I even tried toggling the Display setting LED notification on and off which made no difference.
I've never installed Light Flow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
When this happened yesterday, I spent an hour going through the system settings and the settings for every app on the phone. Nothing that I can find is set to use a blue notification. I even went through every configurable alert in Light Flow and changed the alerts away from blue-ish (even those that were turned off). Someone on the Google Nexus 5 group suggested it might be a loss of signal alert. But, I've got that turned off in Light Flow and, in the settings-search process above, I had looked at the signals and they appeared to be fine. Interestingly, the flashing stopped about 15 minutes after I stopped looking for the cause (call it an hour and a half after I noticed it).

MerkurMan: I don't see those widgets in Light flow. Can you tell me where to find them?

srob030869

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Happened on mine yesterday, looked for cause on phone but found nothing, checked iPad and WiFi router had hung up, rebooted router and Blue light topped flashing on my Nexus 5. Might be co-incidental.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
This also happened to me when I got my Nexus 5. It was definitely to do with Light Flow as the flashing stopped immediately after I uninstalled the app...

Posted via Android Central App

ptonantryloc

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
After I went through every configurable alert in Light Flow and changed the alerts away from blue-ish (even those that were turned off), the problem hasn't happened again. I've got to agree it's something to do with Light Flow.

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The Lightflow widgets are regular widgets, added to your home screen or lock screen the way any other widgets are. I have the one widget on my lock screen which simply clears all active lightflow notifications. I occasionally get a blinking light (of various colors) which I can't track down. This little widget helps clear those up.

Danefantom

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Im pretty sure this has something to do with a bug in the light flow app, I have the same problem on my nexus 5, the led pulses blue for some unknown reason.

An intressting thing is that i didnt notice the problem until i had my first call on the phone, had it for about 12 hours until that ocured and directly after the call i noticed that the blue led notification that indicated an incoming call wouldent stopp flash even long after the call was ended (I had light flow installed).

I think the problem here is that light flow cant distinguish a incoming call from and on going/ended call. Or so i would guess? In that case this seems to be an easy update to make

F@ck yeah! the nexus 5 is awesome though!

Zombify92

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I pulled my phone out a bit ago and my LED Notification LED was flashing blue at me. I checked the notification area and there was nothing there. I checked my settings in Light Flow Lite and checked the three areas it was controlling that had a bluish light set. Nothing there (I even changed the colors of those notifications - no change). I looked around the phone as much as I could figure out and could find nothing. I finally had to reboot the phone to get the light to go off. Anyone have any idea what a blue flashing notification LED is supposed to signify on the base phone (I'm assuming it's not a Light Flow Lite issue since it would show anything it set to use that color)?

Hi,
In case no one figured it out yet.. If you are using light flow, it will sometimes become finnicky. What I found works for the random light blinking is just clearing your notifications in the pull down bar. Hope this helps!

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Light Flow but my SMS is Textra that picks green for Text and when the blue lite is on one my emails like Yahoo or Gmail has just got something. Different Apps change the color but Texta does have a option to pick the color of the notification light.

Last edited:

Rob Wright

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I also had a Blue notification light on the bottom of my Bright Red Nexus 5 32GB. No notifications open, I checked all the apps and no new updates. The only thing that appeared to have fixed it was switching my WiFi on. It immediately went away. I don't use wifi much as I've got Unlimited 3G (Unlimited 4G on Three when I'm in North Leeds), It's often faster than my WiFi or WiFi Hotspots. This is an odd one. I turn WiFi off as it always seems to be on in the battery manager when I've wondered where the battery has gone! *I should also have mentioned that I don't have this Light Flow thingy*

jennyfur

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using light flow for years and I would totally blame it for this behavior. It's been extra finicky since I switched from my galaxy nexus to my nexus 5. I love the app so much though that I keep using it even with all its faults. Usually when phantom lights occur I launch the app and they go away, or if they don't I reboot and they go away. As someone said earlier, perhaps the best bet is to just not allow the app to update once you get a build that works for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty