How's your Gorilla Glass 3 holding up?

ludesleep

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my phone on day one and have yet to install a screen protector. Every time I wipe my screen down I inspect for scratches and I'm amazed it has remained unscratched! I've got a speigen temperd glass protector under the tree somewhere and I'm itching to put it on so I'll be covered soon.

Anyone else?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my phone on day one and have yet to install a screen protector. Every time I wipe my screen down I inspect for scratches and I'm amazed it has remained unscratched! I've got a speigen temperd glass protector under the tree somewhere and I'm itching to put it on so I'll be covered soon.

Anyone else?

I put a screen protector on as soon as I could. Better safe than sorry, and although it still doesn't provide 100% protection it provides some peace of mind.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
No thanks on a screen protector. Never been a fan. Though I always make sure to rock a case with a raised lip around the screen. Dropped my Nexus 5 square on its' face in to the cement numerous times already (on accident of course) without any problems at all.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Heck no to screen protectors
This device screen is amazing and doesn't show fingerprints hardly ever

Even the top Spigen crystal shields shows greasy fingerprints after a day...what a waste

My opinion of course

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I definitely notice fingerprints/streaking every day. More so against a white backdrop when out in natural light. Nothing horrible but I find myself wanting to have one of those soft screen cleaning cloths close by.

fisterkev

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have used screen protectors on every smartphone I've used. But I can't bring myself to mar this beautiful screen with one. But, of course, I know that even with GG3 it can still get damaged, so I know I should protect it...

I am intrigued by these tempered glass protectors. Do they feel / look like actual glass? I don't want the plastic feel on this phone. I'd like to add the protection but I am really not keen on compromising its form factor and feel. That's what I really love about this phone.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This is my 7th smartphone. I put a screen protector on once and took it off an hour later. I just don't like the look and feel. I don't like or use cases for the same reasons. I've never scratched a screen. I don't worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my note 3 with gorilla glass 3. Phone was naked and fell about 3 feet to pavement glass down. Showed my wife and she looked over the phone and said "I don't see any damage. " I can say the glass does have some scratches, but they are nill. Good stuff, I don't think I will ever use a screen protector again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any issues at all with the screen. No dings, nicks or scratches. I've only carried it in my inside coat pocket.

roguetrader

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 5th Android device, currently have 3 and have never used a screen protector - I've never even had the slightest scratch either. Obviously I have cases for all but I just feel protectors spoil the experience really.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have never got a scratch on any phone's screen. As long as you aren't rubbing sand on the screen or have a few diamonds in your pocket with the phone then Gorilla Glass really doesn't have much else that scratches the glass. The main issue is if you drop the phone and the glass shatters. Only a case will help save your phone then.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I put a screen protector on as soon as I could. Better safe than sorry, and although it still doesn't provide 100% protection it provides some peace of mind.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

+1 I always try to get a screen protector on the first minute out of the box!

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I work in construction. Without a case or screen protector, my phones get pretty trashed. Although GG3 is supposed to be better, I'll keep using both methods of protection.

Last edited:

CamaroHutch

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Big deep scratch on the bottom of Nexus 5 screen, and another lighter one right above it. Can feel the deep scratch with my finger nail, other one is smooth but still visible. Never had any other glass scratch on me before, even without screen protectors. Not sure how it got there, and a little disappointing but it is what it is

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Dropped my note 3 with gorilla glass 3. Phone was naked and fell about 3 feet to pavement glass down. Showed my wife and she looked over the phone and said "I don't see any damage. " I can say the glass does have some scratches, but they are nill. Good stuff, I don't think I will ever use a screen protector again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

There is no gg3 on the note

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/339375-samsung-galaxy-note-3-gorilla-glass-3-not.html

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed some light scratches at the top of the screen this morning. It's nothing terribly noticeable, but I had that sinking feeling the moment I noticed them for the first time, and now they're the only thing I'll be able to see when my screen is off for the next little while.