Phone stuck resetting at Google Logo

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
So this morning I woke up to my phone on a boot loop on the Google Logo. I have no custom roms or mods on it other than I am running ART. I suspect it could be battery related as it will only seem to do this on the charger but when I don't have it plugged in it won't even start up. When it's plugged in it won't even seem to want to stay "off", it boots up to the google logo on its own. If I hold down the volume rocker I can get into the bootloader but it resets before I can select anything and boots right back into the google logo.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think you may have no choice but to let the phone die, charge it up without trying to power it on, then reboot into recovery.

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
The problem is that unless it's plugged in the phone won't even turn on. It won't even get to the google logo unless contected and when I conect it, it will automatically try to boot without me touching it. Either something is seriously currupted or the battery is just completely shot. Either way I am just gonna have to go forward with an RMA. Thank you though.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that unless it's plugged in the phone won't even turn on. It won't even get to the google logo unless contected and when I conect it, it will automatically try to boot without me touching it. Either something is seriously currupted or the battery is just completely shot. Either way I am just gonna have to go forward with an RMA. Thank you though.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
So now I have a horror story. I figured out the problem was the power button and was able to get it to boot. I had already contacted google and they agreed to RMA it. Well tonight my N5 toook a bit of a spill and the screen cracked. I have a feeling I'm just out of luck and I've screwed myself but what are my options? I don't wanna be one of "those guys" and try to claim it happened shipping it back but I was honestly getting it replaced anyways. I've looked into screen replacements and they're around 150 or so so maybe I can do it myself, but I just wanted to see if there was anything else I'm not thinking of.

Vacuus Dilectio

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
Well I called google and told them what happened. Of course they had to cancel the RMA. They tried to put me in contact with LG and they said they could repair it but could give me no price and it sounded as if the whole process could take 3 weeks to a month to complete and as I have no alaterantive line that was a no go for me. So it seems I'm just gonna buy a Moto G and use it till the nexus 6 comes out as if I have to pay 400+ for a new phone might as well wait 4/5 months and get something nicer and I'll give the G to my mother or something. Thanks for the eyeballs and comments!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non