Android 5.0 serious problems of Nexus 5

TieRen Gang

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
My Nexus 5 was automatically upgraded to Android 5.0 but now has many problems:
1. The battery is easily done. Before upgrade I can use Nexus 5 for one day without charging but now only one hour. Terrible.
2. The performance (speed) is getting worse. Opening and switching among apps is taking much longer.
3. In the past I can press power button to change ringer to vibrate or mute but this function is no longer there. Google should implement this function in the pull-down menu as iphone.
These are serious problems and hope can be fixed immediately.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Heared this the first time. I got Lollipop on my N5 too, but none of those problems.
Have you tried a factory reset? Or at least cleared the Cache?

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed with Buddy, with a Large update like this if you're having issue a FR is recommended, make sure you back up your data and files needed. ;)

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 5 was automatically upgraded to Android 5.0 but now has many problems:
3. In the past I can press power button to change ringer to vibrate or mute but this function is no longer there. Google should implement this function in the pull-down menu as iphone.
Yes, Google has removed the vibrate/mute functionality from the power button, but they just moved it over to the volume controls. Press the volume buttons and you get the same functionality (actually better because of priority notification control being added)

Snkan

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Here is yet another problem with Android 5 - Lollipop. It does not have the feature to display specific groups in Contacts. In the earlier version on KitKat 4.4 on Nexus 5, one could specifically select "Groups" in contacts for display. Now you can only select ALL or FAVOURITES (which is basically a whole list of calls you made more than once). So if I have a thousand or more contacts and want to display a select group for some purpose, I just cannot do it - and have to scroll through the thousands of ALL contacts. What a pain. Upgrades are supposed to IMPROVE features and not decimate them. Group Lists are an important "Phone" feature - and nowadays my phone is getting to be anything but a phone. Maybe eventually phones will get an "upgrade" whereby you could launch rockets into space - but oops, you cannot make phone calls.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Here is yet another problem with Android 5 - Lollipop. It does not have the feature to display specific groups in Contacts.
Let's call it what it is - a problem with the contacts/people app. Not with Lollipop. It is not an OS issue that is preventing you from viewing the groups - it is the contacts/people app. If you need to view groups, you can download and use a different contacts management app from the play store.

anon(322956)

May 18, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is tapping a box to type and keyboard coming up...yet you type and nothing appears. You have to tap the box twice and try typing again for it to register.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89