I want to sideload to Marshmallow...

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
But, for some reason I can't.

Running Windows 10 with the SDK installed and using a Nexus 5. If I check for devices before I send the Nexus into recovery mode, my laptop sees it. As soon as I send the reboot command, it's gone. I've tried searching around but haven't found a solution yet. Thus, when I send the sideload command when in recovery, I get "no devices found."

I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes, but, I'm reaching out here for help... Thanks in advance!

LeSaint

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
But, for some reason I can't.

Running Windows 10 with the SDK installed and using a Nexus 5. If I check for devices before I send the Nexus into recovery mode, my laptop sees it. As soon as I send the reboot command, it's gone. I've tried searching around but haven't found a solution yet. Thus, when I send the sideload command when in recovery, I get "no devices found."

I'm sure it's right in front of my eyes, but, I'm reaching out here for help... Thanks in advance!

Exact same thing here. Got tired of looking for a solution, I'm just gonna wait for the ota to be pushed to my phone.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
It's really frustrating! I successfully did Lollipop when it came out, but I was running Windows 7 at the time. I have to think that the jump to Windows 10 (or, maybe it's something in Lollipop?) is what's causing this.

JimmyTsunami

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue here too. Running Windows 10 with the latest SDK and USB drivers. Searched for answers on this but no luck. By the time I figure it out, I'll probably get the OTA notification. :(

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well! It was so frustrating! I can reboot into recovery or bootloader from my computer when the phone is on, but once it's in bootloader its not recognized. I'm on the dev 3 build. Also on windows 10. HOWEVER, I was able to flash the dev 3 build on windows 10 without issue and Unlock/root my one m8 on windows 10. I have update drivers, switched USB cables/ports, completely uninstalled adb/Android sdk and reinstalled and nothing :(

Edit: so my computer won't recognize my HTC one either once it's in fasboot. My computer will ding when they are connected, but it doesn't recognize them. Must be something with the latest windows 10 update...and that sucks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well! It was so frustrating! I can reboot into recovery or bootloader from my computer when the phone is on, but once it's in bootloader its not recognized. I'm on the dev 3 build. Also on windows 10. HOWEVER, I was able to flash the dev 3 build on windows 10 without issue and Unlock/root my one m8 on windows 10. I have update drivers, switched USB cables/ports, completely uninstalled adb/Android sdk and reinstalled and nothing :(

Edit: so my computer won't recognize my HTC one either once it's in fasboot. My computer will ding when they are connected, but it doesn't recognize them. Must be something with the latest windows 10 update...and that sucks.

Ugh! Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem! Not that I suspected for one minute that I would be...

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Ugh! Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this problem! Not that I suspected for one minute that I would be...

I was able to get wugfresh toolkit to successfully boot into bootloader and then reboot the phone through adb...but I still can't see the device or do anything through adb by using a command terminal. I'm about to attempt to flash the factory image through wugfresh and let you guys know if it does. I just realized I can't actually sideloading the ota since I'm on a dev preview and it won't let me though wugfresh.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So I just flashed the factory image. Didn't use the toolkit, just flashed using the flash.all in the factory image and it went smooth. It erases everything but that's OK. Still can't get my computer to recognize my device in bootloader mode, however.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So I just flashed the factory image. Didn't use the toolkit, just flashed using the flash.all in the factory image and it went smooth. It erases everything but that's OK. Still can't get my computer to recognize my device in bootloader mode, however.

Thanks for the additional info! Glad that flashing the factory image went smoothly for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty