Nexus 5 No Command error after while installing updates HammerHead

Bidyut B

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Today I was installing the latest updates and my Nexus 5 Phone automatically turned off and on while installing and finally displayed the 'No Command' error. I tried 'Factory Reset' and 'Recovery' as well still I cannot make the device work.
Still I get the 'No Command' error and the phone is turning on and off on its own.

On the Android Recovery screen I see:
google/hammerhead/hammerhead
6.0.1/M0B31E/3142026
user/release-keys

Currently I am cut off. It seems that Android is becoming unreliable. I will wait and see if there is a fix for this issue in a couple of days else I will switch to iPhone or even the god forsaken Windows, something is better than nothing.

To Google : Test your software well before you release it to the customers. Ensure that the customers don't encounter such issues.

Thanks

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You may want to post in Nexus 5 forum. Can you get to bootloader? Is the No Command on the screen with lying down Andy? You can PM me more info as this is 5X forum.

Bidyut B

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Rhea for responding. Yes I tried the bootloader as well and it is lying down or may be not be a living Andy. I can't find the Nexus 5 forum.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Bidyut B

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Rhea! I tried it in bootloader the bigger Andy icon appears. After pressing and holding power button and then tap(press) volume up, releasing power the phone restarts and shows Andy small icon with an exclamation mark. After two minutes the phone automatically restarts shows the same resting icon. If I had an iPhone I could have taken it to an Apple store but with Android I am stuck.

Anyways I have posted the issue on Nexus 5 forum.

Bidyut B

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Any probable resolution ? It would be such a shame if I have to stop using my Nexus 5 because of Software issues. If I can't get it back this would be my last Android phone.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to manually reinstall the firmware, as described here? http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-upgrade-your-nexus

Just an observation -- the problems you're experiencing aren't necessarily a fault of Google. The firmware itself doesn't have any major faults, because if it did, there would be widespread complaints. You might just have experienced corruption of the firmware files, perhaps during the update process.