Question about the Nexus 6 size?

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have relatively small hands, if I to guess the palm of my hand is around 3.3 inches wide. Do you think that using the Nexus 6 would be a problem? I'd hate to not being able to get this phone because of the size of my hands. :'(

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's about the same height as the iPhone 6 plus and about the same or slightly more then the note 4 in width
This is a 2 hand device and if you think Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is big then you won't like the nexus 6. I would suggest looking at the note 4 and iPhone 6 plus in person

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I would probably wait until you can handle it in the store to see for yourself, because it is a pretty big phone. You may want to go with something smaller.

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
It's about the same height as the iPhone 6 plus and about the same or slightly more then the note 4 in width
This is a 2 hand device and if you think Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is big then you won't like the nexus 6. I would suggest looking at the note 4 and iPhone 6 plus in person

I guess I'll be going to see how both of them fit in my hand as soon as I can then.

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If your on Verizon the Motorola Droid Turbo is basically the same but smaller

I'm not, I was waiting to see if anything new came about the X Play for other US carriers. So, if nothing is announced before the release of the Nexus 6 (assuming if fits in my hand), I'll be getting it instead.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not, I was waiting to see if anything new came about the X Play for other US carriers. So, if nothing is announced before the release of the Nexus 6 (assuming if fits in my hand), I'll be getting it instead.
The moto x 2014 edition looks like a solid device and if camera isn't a top priority I would go for that. Almost stock and pretty quick on update because of that

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The moto x 2014 edition looks like a solid device and if camera isn't a top priority I would go for that. Almost stock and pretty quick on update because of that

The camera is the least of my priorities. If the Nexus 6 is too big, I'd look at getting the LG G3 or the 2014 Moto X.

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Yeah they I would suggest the moto x 100%. Almost stock and same design language as the nexus 6

My only concern is that the LG has more RAM, a bigger screen, a better processor, graphics processor, and SD support. Which is why if the Nexus 6 isn't an option, I'm leaning to the LG G3.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
My only concern is that the LG has more RAM, a bigger screen, a better processor, graphics processor, and SD support. Which is why if the Nexus 6 isn't an option, I'm leaning to the LG G3.
The only difference between the g3 and moto x 2014 edition is the g3 screen resolution at 2k and moto x at 1080p, micro SD card on the g3 and more ram compared to the moto x

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The only difference between the g3 and moto x 2014 edition is the g3 screen resolution at 2k and moto x at 1080p, micro SD card on the g3 and more ram compared to the moto x

Also the g3 has better battery and an awesome camera. I'm on the moto x now and tempted to go back to the g3....but lollipop

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I already have a Nexus 6 on preorder but I went to Best Buy to handle a Note 4 because every review is saying 'it's so big!' (we know that, yes). It's big, but I'm willing to give the Nexus 6 a chance.

My bigger concern more than using it and holding it is how to carry it around. I don't wear skinny jeans, but I wear slim-fitting pants, and one review mentioned that sitting it in with a front pocket was uncomfortable. May have to just take it out every time I sit down. Just going to have see how it is.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I have relatively small hands, if I to guess the palm of my hand is around 3.3 inches wide. Do you think that using the Nexus 6 would be a problem? I'd hate to not being able to get this phone because of the size of my hands. :'(

Take peoples word with a grain...i have small hands and played with an iphone 6 plus. The only thing i couldnt do with one hand was press the home button.

I would venture to say 90 percent of what i can do with the phone can be done with one hand and comfortably.

Posted via the Android Central App

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I already have a Nexus 6 on preorder but I went to Best Buy to handle a Note 4 because every review is saying 'it's so big!' (we know that, yes). It's big, but I'm willing to give the Nexus 6 a chance.

My bigger concern more than using it and holding it is how to carry it around. I don't wear skinny jeans, but I wear slim-fitting pants, and one review mentioned that sitting it in with a front pocket was uncomfortable. May have to just take it out every time I sit down. Just going to have see how it is.

Slim fitting pants will be an issue . I don't wear slim fitting but normal jeans and some barely hold my note 4. The nexus 6 is taller so I guess it being as tall as a iPhone 6 plus + as thick and wide as a note 4 I think it won't fit some of my pockets. I would see if any friend has a note 4 or iPhone 6 plus and see if you can fit it in your pockets ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Take peoples word with a grain...i have small hands and played with an iphone 6 plus. The only thing i couldnt do with one hand was press the home button.

I would venture to say 90 percent of what i can do with the phone can be done with one hand and comfortably.

What grain ? It's just a fact it's a bigger phone ....,it's as tall as an iPhone 6 plus and as wide as a note 4 and maybe a centimeter or 2 wider. Smaller hands might has an issue with bigger phones ...because of science. It's not my opinion if his or her hands might feel uncomfortable using it and the only true way is to use it his or herself . That is why I said go try out a note 4 or iPhone 6 plus. If they feel those phones are fine the nexus 6 shouldn't be an issue.
A poster above said she was an petite woman and had no issues with a note 2 which is a 5.5 inch phone but that is her. A woman or man with around the same hand size might have a different opinion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site

...and I take that with a grain...