Is there a clear all recent apps button on the Google Nexus 6

GBPremo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to clear recently opened pages without having to swipe each one individually?

Posted via the Android Central App

lildj0809

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
As of now, no. I've always been one to clear recent almost every time before I lock my phone. But with this device it hasn't slowed it down one bit keeping them open.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would like to have that! My OPO has it and not sure it does anything but instill want it.

Posted via my Nexus 6!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've seen every OEM except Motorola implement this. I guess whenever Google decides to make this part of the OS we will get it at that time. Until then there is no clear all. Just have to swipe away one at a time.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've seen every OEM except Motorola implement this. I guess whenever Google decides to make this part of the OS we will get it at that time. Until then there is no clear all. Just have to swipe away one at a time.

If you have a ton of open tiles to get rid of, just imagine it's Google doing a reboot of "Fruit Ninja" called "Recent App Ninja" and see how fast you can clear them out.

One thing I did to clean that clutter up a bit was to disable the new feature, which I hated, that listed every single browser page as a separate tile in recent apps. Horribly disorganized...

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Why do they need to be swiped away at all? Even when the phone gets reset they don't leave and swiping them away doesn't speed up the phone! I've gotten pretty familiar with flipping those cards! I like it how it is! I'm brand new to the Nexus experience and I'm trying to appreciate why Google has made some of the decisions that they've made in lollipop. So far so good! I had an HTC m8 before and I have to say, I'm not missing anything except the extremely excellent television remote and its application! But, IMHO, the Nexus has trumped that phone in many other areas/..Camera(blows the m8 away), front firing speakers (yes I said it) are louder with better midrange and are easier to listen to, Bluetooth connectivity (blows the m8 away), all antennas are Motorola supreme! My m8 got to the point where it was dropping calls regularly! I have been a Motorola fan since the micro TAC elite! Haha! Bet very few of you remember those days! But, even back then, Motorola was known to have the best voice connection with any service! The calls were always crystal clear! If nexus was not married to Motorola, I would not have bitten!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Why do they need to be swiped away at all? Even when the phone gets reset they don't leave and swiping them away doesn't speed up the phone! I've gotten pretty familiar with flipping those cards! I like it how it is! I'm brand new to the Nexus experience and I'm trying to appreciate why Google has made some of the decisions that they've made in lollipop. So far so good! I had an HTC m8 before and I have to say, I'm not missing anything except the extremely excellent television remote and its application! But, IMHO, the Nexus has trumped that phone in many other areas/..Camera(blows the m8 away), front firing speakers (yes I said it) are louder with better midrange and are easier to listen to, Bluetooth connectivity (blows the m8 away), all antennas are Motorola supreme! My m8 got to the point where it was dropping calls regularly! I have been a Motorola fan since the micro TAC elite! Haha! Bet very few of you remember those days! But, even back then, Motorola was known to have the best voice connection with any service! The calls were always crystal clear! If nexus was not married to Motorola, I would not have bitten!

I was just answering the question the OP has. I have a Nexus 6 and love my phone. I like the software as it is, with the exception of a few bugs. Some people just don't like having a lot of apps in the recent apps section and want to get rid of them all at once instead of swiping them away individually. Swiping away apps and pages on this phone does take a while to do especially if you have had your phone on for a while and haven't done it in a while. I can see why a clear all button could be useful.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes like it said earlier not sure if it does anything but I like to close them just like on my iPhone.

I am getting pretty good at nexus recent app ninja! At least the phones is responsive!

Posted via my Nexus 6!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to clear recently opened pages without having to swipe each one individually?

If you pay attention to this review, DetroitBORG says and shows there's a way to clear all opened pages at once. I've seen people ask this, and I'm not sure why they're unable to do it, when his phone is?

EDIT: Apologies, that feature handles the clearing of multiple notifications, not open pages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvoAMerBN3c

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

It's not that they need to be swiped away¡ It's that if you want to easily flip back and forth between select apps you may regularly have open, it's easier to occasionally clear the table of the extraneous one-off's¡ Many people will have no desire for that ability, but as is clear by the OP's request and a few other responses, there are those that do¡ That some OEM's provide said functionality only reinforces the point that there is some demand for it, and history has shown that Google occasionally integrates innovations developed by its partners into the baseline OS¡

To the rest of the post re: the Nexus 6, I absolutely agree¡ And I remember when the MicroTAC came out - I was quite jealous. Managed to find my original cellphone (and man, was it compact!), below¡

Capture.JPG

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
It's not that they need to be swiped away¡ It's that if you want to easily flip back and forth between select apps you may regularly have open, it's easier to occasionally clear the table of the extraneous one-off's¡ Many people will have no desire for that ability, but as is clear by the OP's request and a few other responses, there are those that do¡ That some OEM's provide said functionality only reinforces the point that there is some demand for it, and history has shown that Google occasionally integrates innovations developed by its partners into the baseline OS¡

To the rest of the post re: the Nexus 6, I absolutely agree¡ And I remember when the MicroTAC came out - I was quite jealous. Managed to find my original cellphone (and man, was it compact!), below¡

View attachment 154638

Yes, I remember, but I actually didn't own a cell phone until the Motorola star TAC and ★ TAC elite..... OMG, YOU could get pages and text on this phone.. LMAO!

Attachments

• 1814.jpg
    1814.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 221

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

!! !! !!

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
In the beginning using Lollipop, I would get annoyed about the excess cards in there. But now I just ignore them, and the phone runs fine. So no need to clear them for me.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Do you think clean master would get rid of all those open apps?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW Nexus 6Cyan Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer