Netflix audio pops and crackles

Dlee888

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else experience crackling audio with Netflix? It occurs with headphones and the speaker.

It doesn't happen with other apps like YouTube, play music, games, sling, etc. It also doesn't happen if I use Bluetooth headphones.

I am on 5.0.1

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
No problems here.
Our Internet at work was down yesterday so I watched the first 6 episodes of M*A*S*H on Netflix with some headphones and it was cool.
Go into Developer Options and uncheck NuPlayer and see if it helps.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Dlee888

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I guess I have a defective phone. Looks like I will get another replacement. This was my second one but hopefully, third times the charm.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If it was the phone, it would be happening every time you listened to anything from the speakers.
Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band Nexus 6.

Dlee888

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I tried reinstalling but same thing still happens. I even did a factory reset but still same thing. Mav, what version do you have for Netflix and Android?

Dlee888

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking it was the app too but if no one else is getting the problem, I don't know. Also, it is fine through Bluetooth audio. Not sure what that means.

One other thing is I get white noise from the top speaker when I turn the volume all the way down. Maybe, they are related?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38