Should I trade my 6 plus for a Nexus 6 with $100?

A

AC Question

should I trade my 6plus for a nexus 6 with $100?

hey guys,
I traded my droid turbo for an iPhone 6, and then a 6 plus. Needless to say I am not a fan of Apple. I just got the phones in order to trade for the newest android phone.

So, should I trade for a nexus 6 with $100?

Or trade straight up for a note 4?

All I really do is listen to music while working out, occasionally put class notes in, use google voice to text while I drive (Siri sucks btw for that) and watch videos when I'm laying in bed lol.

Any input on which phone best suits me??

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: should I trade my 6plus for a nexus 6 with $100?

Welcome to Android Central! If that's really all you use a phone for, you should ask yourself if you really need to spend the money on a top-of-the-line flagship phone. You could do just as well with a midrange phone, or an older flagship model. Consider the Moto G (which is actually an entry-level phone, but performs more like a midrange), or perhaps a 2013 Moto X. Nexus 5, LG G2, and HTC One M7 are also worth considering.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! If that's really all you use a phone for, you should ask yourself if you really need to spend the money on a top-of-the-line flagship phone. You could do just as well with a midrange phone, or an older flagship model. Consider the Moto G (which is actually an entry-level phone, but performs more like a midrange), or perhaps a 2013 Moto X. Nexus 5, LG G2, and HTC One M7 are also worth considering.

The OP will quickly remember how much more they actually do with the phone and quickly defend their need for a nexus 6.

I'd do it to answer the question. I don't hate apple btw, it's just not for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the same quandry. I have ordered a pebble time watch and was going to revert back to Android from a 6 plus so I have more control of the pebble.One of my problems is that my favourite running app, ismoothrun does not have an android version and nothing comes close to what ismooth can do for customising runs etc. So I am still on the fence at the moment. Plus I thought one of the main reasons to get a Nexus is so you are the first to get updates. Looks like that is not the case seeing the posts on here.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes; get the Nexus 6 over the Note 4 in my opinion, also I used to be an apple man had every iphone on launch day from original to 5S would never go back now.

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
There's no right answer, it's mostly a matter of personal preference - touchwiz vs pure android.

If you do watch a lot of videos though, the Nexus has two advantages over the Note 4:
- front facing speakers
- bigger screen (since on screen buttons will disappear once you start watching the video)

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had both the Note 4 and the Nexus 6 recently, I chose the Nexus 6 for it's lightning speed, slightly bigger screen, better UI, faster updates and better build quality imo. The Note 4 is obviously better if you take a lot of class notes, being able to pin the notes to the home screen was a massive plus for me with the Note 4, but I just didn't have much need for the S-Pen.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to the awesomeness that is Android Central. Well, the Nexus 6 doesn't have the battery life and camera on the iPhone 6+, both of which are indeed Epic. Other than that I love the NeXuS 6. ...and it runs android so you have to decide if that's enough to make it more attractive.

📐♻from the Note Edge🔍

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Plus I thought one of the main reasons to get a Nexus is so you are the first to get updates. Looks like that is not the case seeing the posts on here.

For me, the main reason to get a Nexus is to get as pure of an Android experience as possible, without all of the manufacturer or carrier bloat. Nexus devices still get system updates promptly, and often first. Just because Motorola beat Nexus to the punch recently doesn't mean Nexus devices are suddenly lagging behind everyone. I suspect a big part of the reason why Motorola was so quick last time was its close association with Google anyway.

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
If it's the difference of a straight swap vs swap plus $100USD I'd say go Note 4.
Is pure android and fast updates worth $100 to you?

Note 4 will have better screen, better battery, and better camera and less buggy.

Shamu to you too *splash*

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

If u have the extra $100. By all means go for the nexus 6.. I use a iPhone at work and wouldn't ever own one personal... Samsung touch wiz and bloatware is hard to swallow..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa