Received 5.1 Update OTA? Post here!

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Got it, updated and ran into whole bunch of issues from Boot loop to random reboots ( i've posted another thread for this )
After update :
1. Crashes , crashes and crashes from apps to google play, google apps etc.
2. Force close of apps and Random reboots..

Basically, i am pissed and irritated that i messed my perfectly working N6 with 5.1 :(

Hard reset

cozzy123

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Got build M 5.1 on T-Mobile today over the air (didn't feel impatient enough to side load or flash).

No issues running like a champ, did not clear cache or factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Got build M 5.1 on T-Mobile today over the air (didn't feel impatient enough to side load or flash).

No issues running like a champ, did not clear cache or factory reset.

Hopefully, after such a long wait, the upgrade will be just as smooth on the Note 4 and the 2013 Nexus 7. We can only hope. :)

joshmil

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Just received my 5.1 ota. T-Mobile not rooted completely stock. Still to early to tell but it does seem snappier.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Framework trick wouldn't work for me....When I pulled Sim and turned back on it said I have an update.

Hell I'll give that another go.

Edit... Nope, no luck :-/

If it doesn't come by next weekend I'll sideload the OTA. Been a while since I did any of that kind of stuff.

AC App
Nexus 6

Last edited:

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hell I'll give that another go.

Edit... Nope, no luck :-/

If it doesn't come by next weekend I'll sideload the OTA. Been a while since I did any of that kind of stuff.

AC App
Nexus 6

Sorry to hear that. Ota was my only way to get it ,since its my only computing device..

Glad I got lucky with that trick, I was as frustrated as you are. Im sure you'll get it one way or the other.

Definitely a major improve all around.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Des said on Twitter that everyone should have it by Monday. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow!

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I updated mine by swapping out the Cricket sim (at&t) with the original T-Mobile.a couple of reboots it was back on Cricket and updated from 5.0 to 5.1.

Trexxem

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Denmark, Europe here. On 3 (the phone company). No update yet.... Waiting. Seems like Google is spreading the rollout more these days, so we get them further apart. Maybe a smart move if there are undiscovered bugs/anomalies........... Waiting..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty