How can I get ohone numbers with a Hard Pause to work on my Nexus 6?

curmudgeon69

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Phone Numbers with Hard Pause

I have a phone number with a hard pause character and then more numbers. It is for a teleconference. The number stored in my contact is the actual phone number followed by a semicolon and then the teleconference id number. This worked fine on my old phone (Nexus 5) but now it does not. I have a Verizon Nexus 6 running 5.1. The dialer calls the number and pauses and a dialog displays asking if I want to send the following tones (which are the numbers for the teleconference id number). I click Yes but the tones which get sent are cut off. It misses the first number and duplicates the last number.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone Numbers with Hard Pause

Have you tried putting an extra space after the semicolon?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

snazbleach

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I have the Nexus 6 on Verizon and have the same problem. The only way I can seem to make is work is like this. It does 6 characters just fine its the one after that is a problem. Well all of my companies teleconference numbers are 10 digits. OK so this is how i had to store them in my phone book to make them work.

1888.888.888,,1233456,12,12#

I haven't tried using the multiple comma's while using the ; to ask when to send the digits but using a double comma and then a couple more comma's after 6 made it work for me until someone fixes the problem. This problem is going to **** me off about 5 times a day.

Hope that will give you some temp relief.

Thanks

Snaz

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty