I can't believe how amazing 5.1 is

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Android 5.1 Brings Performance Improvements to Nexus 6 | Androidheadlines.com

In Android 5.0 the Nexus 6 would only activate cores the system thought it needed, keeping some of the quad-core CPU offline for assumed battery savings. Android 5.1 keeps all four cores active and waiting for instruction, giving the system better means to distribute tasks evenly.

This even distribution is making plenty of users notice a much quicker Lollipop this time around, even for the beastly Nexus 6.

Funny thing is, it's not just quicker but I seem to be getting better battery life as well

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed better battery life as well.. Wish they would have had a clear all for opened apps.

If you are rooted, look at 'Recently' (dev is chainfire, he's the guy you can thank for being able to root your phone in the first place). It limits the number of cards in Overview and gives you some additional control over how many, how long and what type. much better then clearing them all.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is, it's not just quicker but I seem to be getting better battery life as well

Mine was actually "Worse" the first few days... and by worse maybe 5% worse than before on around the same usage... After a week + now it seems to of leveled out some.. Still at least seems slightly worse but again talking 2 - 3 % worse than before.... which with the gains in speed and responsiveness it's a trade off I'd take in a heart beat...

This thing is like a Marathon runner compared to the Nexus 5 it replaced.... so I am still very happy with what this device gives you overall...

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am only having one issue... Bluetooth wants to keep on connecting to my audio home receiver even after I select disconnect... I have to turn off blue tooth all together for about 5 minutes for it to stop...
I leave my blue tooth on 24/7 just habit..

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are rooted, look at 'Recently' (dev is chainfire, he's the guy you can thank for being able to root your phone in the first place). It limits the number of cards in Overview and gives you some additional control over how many, how long and what type. much better then clearing them all.

Still don't know why you wanna get rid of recent apps? They don't change the performance of the phone except that the pages you request will take longer to open because you keep clearing your recents. The fact that a clear all button is absent should be quite telling. How easy is it to install this? Too easy! So, I'm thinking it's (clear recent apps button)not there because it's unnecessary and inefficient.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Still don't know why you wanna get rid of recent apps? They don't change the performance of the phone except that the pages you request will take longer to open because you keep clearing your recents. The fact that a clear all button is absent should be quite telling. How easy is it to install this? Too easy! So, I'm thinking it's (clear recent apps button)not there because it's unnecessary and inefficient.

Some people have found that their random reboots decrease if they regularly clean out the recents, so that may be why some would like to be able to do so easily and quickly. No way to know if it was just coincidental, but if it were me and I thought it helped I'd rather take a bit longer to load a page and not have the phone reboot in the middle of a phone call.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Some people have found that their random reboots decrease if they regularly clean out the recents, so that may be why some would like to be able to do so easily and quickly. No way to know if it was just coincidental, but if it were me and I thought it helped I'd rather take a bit longer to load a page and not have the phone reboot in the middle of a phone call.

I suppose, I do wonder if recents are the culprit of reboots. It just doesn't seem likely!