Nexus 7 2012 not used for 2+ years, USB driver and MTP problem help!

L27x

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, my nexus 7 is rooted operating AOSP/AOKP on 4.2.2 just to give some breif information (it's not fresh in my mind and I plan to clean install a new rom and kernal).

So first I'm not getting my nexus to display in my computer (win 7 x64) as MTP with usb debugging enabled nor disabled. PTP camera mod works and displays. I've already googled around so I know a few basic solutions to this issue none of which have worked thus far.

Following Nexus Root Toolkit driver instructions.
After wiping the drivers a windows restart and disabling debug mode, connecting via usb only installs the "Android ADB Interface" driver only (step 2 link above). After switching from MTP to PTP Nexus 7 driver is installed only (step 3). I then re-enable MTP where no new driver is installed untill usb debugging is turned back on and Android Composite ADB Interface driver is installed (step 4 + 5). This is where I'm stuck... At one point while playing about I managed to get MTP in the taskbar driver installer only to fail "No driver found" or something along those lines.

Please can someone assist me I need this tablet wiped and operation ASAP.

Thanks anymore information required just ask.

L27x

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Update
(Thanks for the forum relocation)

Have now flashed the latest TWRP, along with OctOs 6.0.1. I alter and update the drivers, I've tried multiple usb slots everytime it manages to seek for the windows update MTP driver it fails to implement a driver, making it impossible for MTP through windows explorer, is this just meant to be or is something going wrong here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (I can still push/pull files via ADB.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non