usb drivers all working fine normally, But when I try from recovery my drivers show not working

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Trying to do this adb sideload to get the OTA update for kit kat.

after command "adb sideload kitkat.zip" I get "device not found" With the my tablet on debugg, the kitkat update zip in the platform tools folder, connected via usb. Ive rooted in the past but a few weeks back I used the nexus 7 root toolkit to get everything back to stock. There may still be some root files on my computer that I would have to track down, and not shur where to look. When I open the root toolkit now it tells me I have old recover files and stuff, if that means theres something still around I dunno.

I downloaded the drivers through the sdk toolkit, aswell as google directly and the device manager properties on the nexus 7 cant find that driver to update if I'm in recovery mode. If I plug in when the tablet is running normal everything is fine.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Trying to do this adb sideload to get the OTA update for kit kat.

after command "adb sideload kitkat.zip" I get "device not found" With the my tablet on debugg, the kitkat update zip in the platform tools folder, connected via usb. Ive rooted in the past but a few weeks back I used the nexus 7 root toolkit to get everything back to stock. There may still be some root files on my computer that I would have to track down, and not shur where to look. When I open the root toolkit now it tells me I have old recover files and stuff, if that means theres something still around I dunno.

I downloaded the drivers through the sdk toolkit, aswell as google directly and the device manager properties on the nexus 7 cant find that driver to update if I'm in recovery mode. If I plug in when the tablet is running normal everything is fine.
I don't been to be insulting in these suggestions, but a couple of things:
1) Are you sure USB Debugging is on?
2) Have you tried restarting your computer and your tablet?

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't been to be insulting in these suggestions, but a couple of things:
1) Are you sure USB Debugging is on?
2) Have you tried restarting your computer and your tablet?

debugging is on. I get the notification when the tablet is turned on. tablet has been restarted a million times while going back and forth but not the computer.

This got me past the driver issue

For those that have that receive device not found with ADB trying to sideload the update, I've found a fix for that. (Windows 8, I don't know if this works on Windows 7, but try it and let me know.)
Steps: Install the drivers that come with your SDK or download them here:
Google USB Driver | Android Developers

Get your device ready to receive update from ADB, then right click on "Computer", Select Properties then device manager.

You should see your Nexus show up with a triangle, indicating that drivers have not been installed. Right click on Nexus 7 or which ever Nexus you have, click properties, select update driver, browse my computer for driver software, then click on let me pick from a list..., a Window will pop up with where you can select your device type, select ADB Interface, then click next, you'll be taken to a screen where you can select a Model, click on ADB Interface (or ADB Testing Interface), click next, you'll get a warning message from Windows, click yes anyway and your driver will be installed.

Test it by opening a shell and typing "adb get-serialno", you should see your Nexus' serial number.

Then proceed to sideload your update, enjoy!

Lemuel Boyce
Twitter: @rhymiz
Now I'm getting "package expects build fingerprint of google.....
E:Error in /tmp/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive come across a few people saying that status 7 error is because I rooted at some point and need everything back to stock. Which I already did with the nexus 7 toolkit. Its pretty strait forward there, its "flast stock and unroot" which if I remember correctly made me select the model of my device and download the right file. Then I did the OEM lock.

Maybe Ill try that again tomorrow

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Dude, I totally just saw in your OP where you said debugging is on. I'm blind. I hesitate to suggest more because I don't have a new N7. I just saw that this thread hadn't been answered and figured if something more basic could be a solution, it was worth offering. In the past, on other devices, I've had similar issues that rebooting everything smoothed out. Are you on Windows 8 or 8.1? Lord knows that's been causing problems.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT a developer and like I said, I don't have a 2013 N7, but it sounds like you have the wrong set of Release Keys. Was there an OTA you missed? Let me Google around for a bit and see if I can find anything that might be relevant. I promise I'll hit you back up on here before I crash for the night.

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Dude, I totally just saw in your OP where you said debugging is on. I'm blind. I hesitate to suggest more because I don't have a new N7. I just saw that this thread hadn't been answered and figured if something more basic could be a solution, it was worth offering. In the past, on other devices, I've had similar issues that rebooting everything smoothed out. Are you on Windows 8 or 8.1? Lord knows that's been causing problems.

Disclaimer: I'm NOT a developer and like I said, I don't have a 2013 N7, but it sounds like you have the wrong set of Release Keys. Was there an OTA you missed? Let me Google around for a bit and see if I can find anything that might be relevant. I promise I'll hit you back up on here before I crash for the night.

windows 8.1 updated from a windows 7 dell
So many issues with drivers and factory dell programs not working, been a nightmare and almost ready to buy a mac for better OS updating.

dannyd86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
when you connect to pc try change USB Mass Storage Mode to Camera mode
then adb sideload kitkat.zip should work
changed it to camera mode on my nexus 7 and still the same status 7 error.

Since this seems to be no problem for the vast majority of people its making me think that this error could be preventing the OTA from google, its been forevor since they started rolling it out. I'm in canada, shouldnt be that long

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87