Update on Nexus 7 shipping

wpeen001

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got this email from google:
Hello,

We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We?ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we?ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping.

If you?d like more detailed information on device shipments, please reference our online Help Center http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py? hl=en&answer=2667319

Thanks for your patience. Your Nexus 7 will be on its way soon.

The Google Play Team

? 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you on your Nexus 7 product pre-order.

Just thought I would share this for everyone. I ordered mine on 7/5 and still not even a shipping notice or charge on the credit card.

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Got one too. Happy to see that they finally sent some sort of communication, but I guess they really had no choice since they missed the deadline they gave over the phone last Friday to ship all by orders today. Hopefully shipping by Thursday with overnight shipping means we'll have them by Friday. I hope they don't play the "shipping label created" Thursday game which means delivery would be pushed off to next week...

In reality the "incredible demand" should not have affected them meeting the previously stated deadline since the number of order placed before July 11 hasn't changed. Also I still think they messed up by not fulfilling orders in the order which they were received.

I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on the device. I am hoping the the screen separation and dead pixel issues I've been reading about here and on the XDA forum don't affect me. Good luck to everyone still waiting for your orders!

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I received the same message FINALLY! I ordered on July 2nd.

Just maybe Google Corporate has finally decided to protect their brand image and try to correct things.

Their prolonged silence and inaction was suicidal from an image perspective. I saw a few articles today from trade publications calling them out for their snafu, so it has moved beyond just us POed hombres on the forums.

I've been really harsh on Google Play, but have to admit that their express shipping is a step in the right direction.

The real positive is that they are finally communicating at all with their customers. Again, their sticking their head in the sand was a mondo bad decision.

Hopefully, "shipping this week" means like tonight or tomorrow AM and not 11:59 Friday night!

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
According to the additional details of the Google Play help section, US order placed before 7/11 will be shipped by Thursday 7/19 with overnight shipping. Theoretically that means a Friday delivery. If you live in another area the help section has specific information about shipping in your region. Also just noticed that they said if you ordered the case or charger you may not receive it I the same shipment and it could come later (with an unspecified time frame). I'm having the feeling that the case orders had in fact held up fulfillment of early pre-orders and now they've given up on shipping them together.

cDrow

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
The wife and I both ordered on June 27 (16GB w/Case) and we also received the update email from Google. I then checked my credit card statement again (for the upteenth time today) and finally saw the charges from Google pending.

Finally took a step in the right direction.

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I got the same email. I'm very excited right now. It's partially this tablet, mostly the dark knight premier, and also the new season of breaking bad. It's all melding into one. I need to lie down.

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The wife and I both ordered on June 27 (16GB w/Case) and we also received the update email from Google. I then checked my credit card statement again (for the upteenth time today) and finally saw the charges from Google pending.

I'm in the same boat, but with an 8GB model. Ordered at 2:30 pm EST on June 27th.

kevinnugent

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We’ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. Your tablet will ship by July 19.

If you’d like more detailed information on device shipments, please reference our online Help Center at An update on Nexus 7 pre-order shipping status - Google Play Help.

Thanks for your patience. Your Nexus 7 will be on its way soon.

The Google Play Team

? 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you on your Nexus 7 product pre-order.

All good - BUT 3-5 days (I presume working days!!) for shipping??? I paid $19.99 for 2 day shipping fer fecks sake!''

uM-elo

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Man, when I got that email I was so excited because I had just thought it was my shipping info.

I ordered July 12th (at like 12 PM Eastern), so anyone think there's a chance I make it in this weeks batch??? I'm hoping that Google was being a little overcautious in their estimations to avoid upsetting more people... but that's just the insane optimist in me. I mean I've seen posters who have said they've order July 12th and even July 13th say they received their orders (although they could've been 8 GBs, I got 16 GBs).

I'm just freaking out because I've read all those threads on defect units and that'd really make me miserable. Especially when I could've just gone to a store nearby and probably have picked one up.

Good news is I'll be getting my screen protector in before my device now (already got the sleeve I ordered). :)

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
They are still lying. It states that all the stand alone 8gb have shipped.....they have not....I ordered mine on July 4th and it still has not shipped.....

Just don't pee down my back and try to convince me it's raining!!!!!!

DocRobinson

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My order just shipped about 2 hours ago & it's in Chicago already, so I should have it today if it makes it to one of the two hubs that delivers to me by 7 I think.

whynotv2

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

I received the same email, no charge to my card yet though.

doc362

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
@uM-elo if anything they aren't being cautious enough. I honestly don't think they will ship mine this week and I ordered it July 4th (16gb model). My credit card was charged the day before last, but still nothing on google wallet or my inbox.

@dougf4 I'm guessing it will be 11:59pm on Friday for most of us, if we're even that lucky.

doc362

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Speak of the devil and he shall appear.. I just loaded the shipping page which didn't have any shipping info, hit F5 (refresh) for the heck of it and boom.. shipped. Estimated delivery time is NLT 3pm July 20th.

That's a 16gb ordered on July 4th. Good luck to everyone else. Hopefully Google gets their stuff together. I should be playing with this device already, not trolling an order page. O_O

edit: that's 3pm for COMMERCIAL delivery destinations.. residential is by the end of day. Whatever that means. I've never liked UPS. Their delivery windows are worse than a cable company. I flagged the package for a will call pickup because I work afternoons and I'm not going to spend time worrying about UPS's nonsense (USPS would have been much better because I can set my watch to their delivery times). Worst case scenario, I get it early Saturday afternoon. Woohoo!

-Rob

Last edited:

Clyde S Dale

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a Google rep yesterday (7-19) who told me my 16gb N7 would be picked up by UPS by 7:30pm (PST) and that I would get an email with a tracking number. There's been no activity on my CC and no email yet. My Google Wallet page hasn't changed. I ordered on 7-11.

I'm not holding my breath.

baileystein

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to a Google rep yesterday (7-19) who told me my 16gb N7 would be picked up by UPS by 7:30pm (PST) and that I would get an email with a tracking number. There's been no activity on my CC and no email yet. My Google Wallet page hasn't changed. I ordered on 7-11.

I'm not holding my breath.

The google guy I talked to said I would get an email by 3 am and that they began starting to ship at about 10 PM my time (EST).

Also, for some odd reason under my apps and devices my tablet has "July 20, 2012". Hmmm....

Also, you say that pickup is at 10:30 AM EST. That's sorta funny considering UPS delivers at 2:30 PM EST.

Unfortunatly, I don't think it will happen. Which sucks since I'm leaving Sunday.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My order is going to be delivered today! I can't believe it. I just got the tracking info from MyUPS. I wish I had taken the day off now, oh well hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home. :)

ordered 6/28 with case!