So when will pre orders ship? Predictions?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Samsung rumors it's the 24th. But they didn't clarify if that was for pre-orders or not. I guess it's possible they ship out the 17th for Fri deliver, or Sunday night, the 21st for a Mon or Tue delivery. if I recall sometimes you can pay extra on your order for overnight delivery versus the free 2nd day air.

I'm thinking the labels start getting printed around the 19th. Usually they ship out 5-7 days before official launch. A couple times they shipped out only 1 day before official launch while carriers shipped out days earlier. I remember the S8 line Samsung only gave it to us a day earlier while carriers were 5-7 days earlier.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Probably depends on where the shipments from the factory(ies) are shipped to for each country and if Samsung picks one shipper or uses all. Does Samsung have their own warehouses in each country (or area) or will they ship from factories to distributor warehouses (such as UPS, FedEx in USA).etc?

Most North American devices are manufactured in Thai Nguyen province Vietnam (north of Hanoi), however, they also manufacture in China, India, Brazil, and even South Korea. I would ONLY GUESS, they would do most of the Qualcomm phones in one location and the Exynos in other locations. But having never been anywhere near production and shipping, that is what sounds logical but I am probably way out.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Probably depends on where the shipments from the factory(ies) are shipped to for each country and if Samsung picks one shipper or uses all. Does Samsung have their own warehouses in each country (or area) or will they ship from factories to distributor warehouses (such as UPS, FedEx in USA).etc?

Most North American devices are manufactured in Thai Nguyen province Vietnam (north of Hanoi), however, they also manufacture in China, India, Brazil, and even South Korea. I would ONLY GUESS, they would do most of the Qualcomm phones in one location and the Exynos in other locations. But having never been anywhere near production and shipping, that is what sounds logical but I am probably way out.

Since 2018 They have shipped from Fedex. They were using digital river and they'd go to Indy and then shipped to Memphis the main hub then sent out that night.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Sounds about right. For me, FedEx is the best. They are smarter than UPS here. The UPS guy drives the standard giant truck, while the FedEx have a smaller 4x4 and especially, in the winter, they need a 4x4 to get to my house.

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Have thought a lot about this. Based on previous years, my guess is the unlocked versions show up to people between February 22nd through the 24th.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully we will find out more soon! I'm actually really excited for the S22 line to release! The hardware looks beautiful and I'm hoping for a super-awesome camera.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully we will find out more soon! I'm actually really excited for the S22 line to release! The hardware looks beautiful and I'm hoping for a super-awesome camera.

same here! I am most excited about the camera and also the S-Pen being integrated again :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
same here! I am most excited about the camera and also the S-Pen being integrated again :)

I *really* hope there is a stellar camera this year. That was my one and only gripe about my S10. Everything else was amazing -- but the camera was the issue in some conditions.

The S-pen coming back will be awesome!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
according to this article, someone who claims to be a Verizon employee confirmed that Feb 25th is indeed the shipping date.

at least that's good news in that the wait isn't ridiculously long, even though i would have liked to have it in hand even sooner, but alas, in these times, this is pretty good already!

https://www.phonearena.com/news/verizon-galaxy-s22-ultra-pricing-hand-on-impressions_id138245

"...[FONT=&quot]the OP tipped the expected Galaxy S22 Ultra release date on Verizon to be February 25, or just as rumored..."[/FONT]

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
according to this article, someone who claims to be a Verizon employee confirmed that Feb 25th is indeed the shipping date.

at least that's good news in that the wait isn't ridiculously long, even though i would have liked to have it in hand even sooner, but alas, in these times, this is pretty good already!

https://www.phonearena.com/news/verizon-galaxy-s22-ultra-pricing-hand-on-impressions_id138245

"...[FONT="]the OP tipped the expected Galaxy S22 Ultra release date on Verizon to be February 25, or just as rumored..."[/FONT]

Probably the day it's actually on sale in the stores. Many times they ship one week early. It's possible Friday, the 18th many of us get the phone, but IMO Samsung.com will ship Sunday night and most of us get it on Tue. They use 2nd day air the last 3 years for free shipping. Sometimes they gave the option of paying $15 extra to get next day shipping. But if it's anything like the last few releases we should get them a few days before.

I recall the S8 Plus I didn't get the unit from Samsung.com until Thur, one day before official launch as did most others. A lot of people hated that because we were former Note 7 owners you might recall. Since then Samsung.com has shipped days early.

Note 8 I would have got one week before official launch. Irma was coming and the plane got held up to RSW and it went to Miami that night and sat there during Irma and a week after due to no power. I was in the landfall zone and more worried about my Note 8 in Miami during Irma!

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Probably the day it's actually on sale in the stores. Many times they ship one week early. It's possible Friday, the 18th many of us get the phone, but IMO Samsung.com will ship Sunday night and most of us get it on Tue. They use 2nd day air the last 3 years for free shipping. Sometimes they gave the option of paying $15 extra to get next day shipping. But if it's anything like the last few releases we should get them a few days before.

I recall the S8 Plus I didn't get the unit from Samsung.com until Thur, one day before official launch as did most others. A lot of people hated that because we were former Note 7 owners you might recall. Since then Samsung.com has shipped days early.

Note 8 I would have got one week before official launch. Irma was coming and the plane got held up to RSW and it went to Miami that night and sat there during Irma and a week after due to no power. I was in the landfall zone and more worried about my Note 8 in Miami during Irma!

This is spot on as to how I see it going this year. Good take!

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
do you all think it's worthwhile, when ordering directly from samsung.com (with the trade-in), to pay the extra $15 or so to get it sooner? i've been tempted most years but would always forget in the last minute during order placement as i was just so happy that i was getting my order in really early! so each year, only AFTER placing my order, would i remember - oh darn it, i had that option!

wanted to hear your thoughts please. it's just that everything is just more and more money. it's a $1,500 phone, but with the trade-in of my S21 Ultra, maybe i'd have to pay, say, around $900 out of pocket. then, yet another $15 or $20 for a couple of days' faster shipping? mmm...

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
do you all think it's worthwhile, when ordering directly from samsung.com (with the trade-in), to pay the extra $15 or so to get it sooner? i've been tempted most years but would always forget in the last minute during order placement as i was just so happy that i was getting my order in really early! so each year, only AFTER placing my order, would i remember - oh darn it, i had that option!

wanted to hear your thoughts please. it's just that everything is just more and more money. it's a $1,500 phone, but with the trade-in of my S21 Ultra, maybe i'd have to pay, say, around $900 out of pocket. then, yet another $15 or $20 for a couple of days' faster shipping? mmm...

It's only one day sooner. Overnight instead of 2nd day air. I pay for it. I don't want it sitting around for an extra day and the possibility of something happening to it.

Usually they offer this. I can't remember if it was the Note 20 series they only offered 2nd day air.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have not ordered anything from a carrier in years. Mostly Amazon, usually better deals and better shipping (even if they do use UPS and I have to pick it up). However, I have used MVNOs running off Verizon towers for years and service is the same so I only use Verizon stores in ID Falls, Pocatello and Jackson WY to look at phones; never order.