Google Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks

MochaLee

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Why did Adobe have to stop supporting Android 4.0+.? There are so many websites that I have to look at on my laptop because I can't see them on my Nexus 7 without flash... :(. Is there any way around this?

RickG.

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
for those who this is an issue, try "ultimate rotation control" in Play Store. it is a 7 day trial and then $2.99, seems a bit steep, but works great for those who want home screen rotation abilities.
Go launcher actually allows home screen rotation for free and IMO is a quality launcher to boot.

adamfrayne182

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Tip about the Photobucket app.

When I installed it the program was set to automatically upload all my pics on the Nexus 7. Logged into Photobucket to have like 100 new photos there. Just a heads up.

It can be turned off in Photobucket settings.

Geaux Tiiiiigers

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's another tip video about how you need to plug headphones in quite firmly:

Click to view quoted video

I had tried a pair using a fair bit of force and just assumed that they weren't compatible, but then I noticed that my screen was a perfect flush fit everywhere except that corner. I figured I had pushed it up trying to force in the jack. I went ahead and tried again after reading your tip and they snapped in and work.

If someone could note the before and after position of their glass I'd be interested to know if forcing the plug in caused my problem. Cheers

mike.hadley99

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Start voice seach with "Google"

The insruction book and some of the videos indicate that on the Google now screen you can start a voice search and "waken" the microphone by saying "Google". It doesn't work - unless:-

If you change the Settings-Language and Input-Voice Search-Language to English (US) it does work !! Very impressive. BUT the downside is that (in my case) the speech commands/enquiries that follow are not understood as well as they were before.

Guess I'll have to revert to English (UK) or learn to speak with an American accent . . . . . . .

skeeve

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This seems to work but when I swipe I go from the first tab to the last. Smaller 'swipes' didn't work at all. :-\

Try swiping without letting go. It takes either a big swipe or a swipe from the very edge of the screen to "enter tab switching mode" as opposed to just scrolling on the page. But then if your finger remains on the screen dragging left/right switches tabs. If you do it slower you'll go one-by-one easily.

pjniez

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Try swiping without letting go. It takes either a big swipe or a swipe from the very edge of the screen to "enter tab switching mode" as opposed to just scrolling on the page. But then if your finger remains on the screen dragging left/right switches tabs. If you do it slower you'll go one-by-one easily.

Yes, this works... If I put my thumb right on either the left or right bezel/frame and slide it slowly across the screen without lifting it up, it works perfectly every time!

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TheresaC1981

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok joined the forum today and love it already. About to head out and buy the N7 16 gb . I keep seeing the term "root" in the forum and I'm embarrassed to say I have no clue what that is or does. Help this NOOB please.:confused:

SirKnightDavid

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Start voice seach with "Google"

The insruction book and some of the videos indicate that on the Google now screen you can start a voice search and "waken" the microphone by saying "Google". It doesn't work - unless:-

If you change the Settings-Language and Input-Voice Search-Language to English (US) it does work !! Very impressive. BUT the downside is that (in my case) the speech commands/enquiries that follow are not understood as well as they were before.

Guess I'll have to revert to English (UK) or learn to speak with an American accent . . . . . . .

I'm in the US, and language was set to English US by default, and the toggle is turned on for saying "Google" to activate search... but it doesn't.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana