Nexus 7 will not start unless connected to mains charger

digitalix51

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 works fine when connected to mains charger but if I switch off and disconnect from the charger, it will not switch back on. As long as I don't switch off and just switch screen off, it's not a big problem but just annoying. Is this a fault with the tablet, a bug in the Android system or normal behaviour?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not normal and shouldn't be happening. When something quirky like this happens, one of the first things I'd probably try is a factory reset (wipes the device). This sometimes helps.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the battery may have issues. It may not be putting out enough voltage to power up the tablet.

That is if I am reading your post right. I believe what you are saying is that the tablet will not cold boot if not plugged in. Is the clock on the device reset to 12 or some other default, as well as the date on occasion?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

digitalix51

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Tried a factory reset and that didn't help. I'll flatten the battery and see what happens then. Thing is, I like the Nexus as it just slips into a jacket pocket and I can do most everything that I want while out and about. My iPhone is OK but I just can't do with a small screen for typing for more than a few minutes.

I submitted an RMA request to eBuyer on Wednesday and haven't had a reply, which is unusual for them so I'm not To impressed with them!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty