Need help adding ebook

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded my first free ebook from a site other than Amazon. The book is in Kindle format, and it is showing in my Kindle library on my PC Kindle app. However, on the Kindle app on the Nexus it's not syncing.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I appreciate the help!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same exact problem. I got so frustrated messing around with File Explorers and trying to get the Kindle app to "see" the DRM-free eBook that I deleted the Kindle app and installed Aldiko which has absolutely no problem with the eBook whatsoever. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Roy_Baty

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
did you put it in the /storage/sdcard0/kindle directory? That's the only place the App will "look" locally. Or, you could e-mail it to yourself, and if you haven't picked a default viewer, tapping the attachment should give you a list of all the apps that will open the book.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
if it's in kindle format, or even if it's not, email it to the kindle. Every kindle account has a kindle specific email account attached to it. xxxxxxx@kindle.com email the file, and amazon takes care of the rest. Non kindle books and such will be found in the docs section usually

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
misunderstood, sorry, on the kindle app have you manually opened the menu and clicked on sync now and check for new items?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same exact problem. I got so frustrated messing around with File Explorers and trying to get the Kindle app to "see" the DRM-free eBook that I deleted the Kindle app and installed Aldiko which has absolutely no problem with the eBook whatsoever. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

This... try Aldiko :)

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah +1 for Aldiko. It even has a shortcut option so you can just add the book to your home screen as an icon and go directly there.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This... try Aldiko :)

:D

Yeah +1 for Aldiko. It even has a shortcut option so you can just add the book to your home screen as an icon and go directly there.

I tried emailing myself, using my xxxxx@kindle.com address and yes, putting the eBook in the kindle app folder. nothing worked. As is stated prior, I just said "screw it" and installed Aldiko and never looked back.

Try Aldiko. It just works! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

4Holly

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have both Aldiko and the Kindle App on my Nexus7. Kindle books have their own Mobi format. Once you add the Kindle App to your Nexus, it will be added to your Device list on Amazon. To transfer books, go to Amazon site, enter your password, then manage my Kindle/ Devices and add the book to the appropriate location.

cadcat

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
How to sync sideloaded books: Add books to the /Kindle folder on your 7. Open Kindle app and close it. Turn off wi-fi and open kindle app again.... Give the app about a minute to sync, and then turn wi-fi on again. Fixed.

jenluvs2sing

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got my tablet and I have just under 1,000 books on my computer that I'd like to transfer to said tablet. For some reason when I tether via USB there is no Amazon or Kindle folder. Any ideas what to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non