screen won't respond to touch

cirrusminor

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

New poster here. I need help.

I purchased a Nexus 7 from MacMall a few weeks ago. It's worked flawlessly until this morning. Now the screen is completely unresponsive to any touch whatsoever, so I cannot get past the lock screen. It was working fine last night, and now it simply doesn't respond. No explanation.

I can turn it on and off via the power button, but that's it. Obviously it doesn't help. I have tried following online instructions for recovery mode, but it just hangs at the google logo indefinitely.

Google support basically told me that it seems a hardware issue and I need to either go back to MacMall or contact ASUS for a repair. Right now my primary concern is wiping my data. I don't like the idea of handing my tablet back with so much personal info loaded onto it.

Does anyone have any advice? Either for fixing the screen or for wiping the data? I've never rooted it or messed with it in any way, and frankly, have no idea how to.

Thanks everyone.

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Can it connect via usb to a computer to at least try to pull off your personal data?

That's very disturbing as I just bought one I am setting up for a friend and have had a few times where the touch screen was lagged or unresponsive

How you find some resolve

cirrusminor

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, update. I got the recovery wipe to work. Just kept trying, and it randomly worked on the 5th or 6th try. In case that helps anyone who's given up.

After that, it started up just like day 1, but then I couldn't even press the "play" icon to begin setup. In fact, now I can't even turn it off, as the power button just resets it and brings me back to that screen. So it has indeed completely lost touch response overnight, for no reason at all.

I guess I gotta just get it replaced. What a disappointment. If anyone has any insight into this screen issue, I'd appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38