Ebuyer.com nexus 7 nightmare!

zenibear

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Nexus 7 on 12 July in the UK from ebuyer.com, checked it as in turned it on and then it was left until early as it was a birthday present.
Within two weeks of using it I noticed the screen was lifted and creaking. I thought I had a perfect device until then and had been so happy with it!

24th August I applied for a replacement, boxed it and waited.
Sent it back, waited for replacement to arrive.

Replacement arrived 6th September. Noticed same defect immediately, rang for a refund but was told I had to have a replacement, no refund as the first one was outside the 28 days.

Am currently waiting for this one to be picked up but the problem is:
I have not had use of a tablet since 24th August
I have to keep arranging days off work for the pickup and deliveries.
I've been told I will not get a refund as the warranty is for repair and replacement only. This means if I keep gettin defective devices I will have to keep arranging days off for returns and deliveries all the while not having use of a tablet.

I am so disappointed, I can't afford to just write off ?200 and I have NO confidence that the third one is going to be any better :(

I don't know what to do.

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I would say the best option is to to the repair yourself. From what I understand the screen lift is an easy fix. Considering googles' track record with replacement devices, take the 5 mins to youtube and repair instead of losing days/weeks/months of your life. I had sent my back for that same problem and it's been 2 weeks with no replacement. Should I get a defect I'm gonna just do the fix myself

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
depending on the carrier you can arrange to pick up at their facility

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zenibear

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I would say the best option is to to the repair yourself. From what I understand the screen lift is an easy fix. Considering googles' track record with replacement devices, take the 5 mins to youtube and repair instead of losing days/weeks/months of your life. I had sent my back for that same problem and it's been 2 weeks with no replacement. Should I get a defect I'm gonna just do the fix myself
I considered this on and off, not sure if I am 100% confident doing it myself, and then there's the problem with the warranty being devoided. I dunno, I have contacted ebuyer.com AGAIN so waiting to see if a different person there comes up with a different answer.

I really loved my nexus 7 at first but now just feel disappointed. My son has a htc flyer and although not as buttery smooth as the nexus and heavier you can feel the build quality.