Is it just me that's upset about N7 32gb rumor if true?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good points. Just keep in mind the N7 is a better product than many of those, and is only now being eclipsed by the new Kindle and Nook tablets. I think a lot of us are just waiting to see what Google's response will be. Odds are by the end of this month we'll know. :)

Please explain how those tablets have "eclipsed" the N7 when neither of them offers a full Android experience?

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting because I have 1 GB left so I am in compromise mode . I want my device to be a device that has my media on the go . The xoom was 32 plus micro sd. But as was said, I should have known this before I bought it . Yes I did know . The madness comes in the form of why release a N7 32 GB now? It better have better specs . Then I can justify the move otherwise I was done dirty and they need to clean this up . Of course the won't . Forget the 32 GB and release a 8 GB plus micro SD should be cheaper right ?

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm good with the 8GB Nexus 7. It never leaves home though, so I'm alright with just using the cloud.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Not upset, but instead quite pleased. Looking forward to bigger and better, no matter the time line.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I guess the micro card has the advantage over the USB attached thumb drive in that you don't have that tail hanging down. what other great advantages would it have? Can you attach the microcard through the USB port?
Anybody got a translation of the Japanese or whatever characters shown in the screen shot?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Anybody got a translation of the Japanese or whatever characters shown in the screen shot?

Sure, it says don't buy Apple products, as they are limited in their functionality. Then it goes on to say,"once you go Android, you never go back". :)

Cubeology

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Geez, we've gotten spoiled with our technology that having to use a little flashdrive is such an unthinkable burden. It wasn't that many years ago that 16Gb would have been an unbelievably impossible amount of hard drive space in a desktop. Remember the day when you had to load the OS with a floppy drive? Or a little later when a 10 megabyte hard drive was the size of a shoebox and weighed 10kg?

The only size problems occur with movies and games. I understand the complaint if you think the Nexus 7 is a game console, but how many movies do you need to store on your N7 at any one time? Don't you have a TV? But really a flashdrive would be the easiest way to deal with the movies anyway, that way you can plug it in to any device like your DVD player or laptop or whatever.

BTW, I do think that the N7 should have been released with a micro SD. Seems like a silly place to try to save money when even piece of __ phones that aren't even "smart" have them. I think it was left off to encourage online purchases of media from the gigantic store/library widget that came on the homescreen of the stock OS. Although you would think they would have given more internal storage so you had room to put it all. I don't think the difference in manufacturing cost of a 16GB chip and a 32GB chip can amount to more than a couple dollars. The difference in cost in memory chips is all a matter of marketing. Same kind of marketing that caused Intel to damage CPU's to remove the math coprocessor so they had a product to sell at a lower price point. I guess I'm dating myself again with that one,(386DX vs 386SX). Only 45 yo and I'm talking about the old days, lol.

Cubeology

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Damage CPUs? What?! A link or this stinks...

Well, I remembered slightly incorrectly, it was the 486SX and not the 386 that had the math coprocessor disabled. Quote from article with link at bottom:

"Intel made some rather interesting (some would say bizarre) decisions about how to market the 486 line. The 486SX was in many ways a marketing gimmick only; it was in fact a 486DX with the math coprocessor disabled! Why did Intel bother to sell a full 486DX and a "crippled" one (the 486SX)? Mainly for market targeting reasons: they wanted to be able to fill the niche of low-end buyers without dropping the price on their "top of the line" 486DX."

Intel 80486SX

On a similar note, "Mass-producing reliable P66 Pentiums proved difficult, and many were rejected during quality control. The faulty chips were stable at clock speeds of 60 MHz, so Intel sold them as the P60."

A+ - Hardware - Pentium Tutorials

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the 16GB and still 8.25GB free space left. If I didn't think 16GB was enough I would have waited or paid $600 for a 32GB iPad.

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
There really is no reason to be upset. This is the price we pay for being early adopters. Stuff gets revised over time, newer versions come out, and stuff gets cheaper. Welcome to the technology industry!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
There really is no reason to be upset. This is the price we pay for being early adopters. Stuff gets revised over time, newer versions come out, and stuff gets cheaper. Welcome to the technology industry!

This is the price you pay for being early adopters,
but This is the price you get for being early adopters, $25 Gift card.

people have been compensated so i see no reason to be upset.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My 16GB N7 was a birthday gift to myself so I'm happy I bought it, defects notwithstanding, but I would have bought a 32GB model if it had been offered at the time I purchased my Nexus 7...

I also would have loved a 8MP or higher rear camera and cellular data option (unlocked, no carrier bullsheet)... But it was what it was and I bought it anyway and have been very very happy with it, outside of the defects.

Will I "trade up" and get a 32GB version when it releases? Nope. Not unless it has a rear camera or cellular data or other serious bumped up specs. I'll just stick to what I have and enjoy it the best I can. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

primevyl

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
My 16GB N7 was a birthday gift to myself so I'm happy I bought it, defects notwithstanding, but I would have bought a 32GB model if it had been offered at the time I purchased my Nexus 7...

I also would have loved a 8MP or higher rear camera and cellular data option (unlocked, no carrier bullsheet)... But it was what it was and I bought it anyway and have been very very happy with it, outside of the defects.

Will I "trade up" and get a 32GB version when it releases? Nope. Not unless it has a rear camera or cellular data or other serious bumped up specs. I'll just stick to what I have and enjoy it the best I can. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Gasp ! Contentment?! Surely you're not an American consumer?

<<<?Sent from my Rooted (soon to be) 64+ gig Rezound!>>>

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got no plans to upgrade to the 32 gig model. I had an HTC Flyer I bought in February for $200 that I sold for $125 to put towards my nexus 7 fund. I took a $75 hit on that, and I'm not going to get the total $280 back I spent on my 16GB model if I sell it towards a 32. That stuff gets expensive over time so no thanks! 32 would be nice for gaming but most likely if you have your 12.74 gigs of space filled up with games, you probably aren't playing all of them anyway!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed