Nexus 7 and iPhone

MantisToboggan

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I am going to be using my Nexus 7 for business and I will need a little bit of internet access while on the road. I only need 100MB or so per month, not much.

I have an iPhone with AT&T with the $15/month 200MB data plan. It seems like my only option is to bump up the data plan to the $50/month plan which includes tethering and 1GB of data. If I do that plan, I assume that I could turn my iPhone into a mobile hotspot and connect the Nexus 7 to it. Is that correct? And if so, is there any other way to do it (without jailbreaking the iPhone)? I thought I heard that cell companies were not restricting tethering anymore.

Thanks for the help!

AstronomerXI

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you just turn on the Mobile Hot-spot function on your iPhone, connect to it with your N7, and enter the password. I use my iPhone and N7 and other devices like this regularly. I'M in Canada, so I can't comment on US carriers tethering policies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

AstronomerXI

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
AT&T must charge you more to activate tethering. Where I'm at with Bell, I have a 1Gb plan and tethering is part of the package. When I lost my Internet for 8 days due to Bell's stupidity, having tethering saved my bacon several times over.

MantisToboggan

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty