On N7, is there any way to view Gmail messages full screen?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Using the built in Gmail app in portrait mode, the email takes up the entire screen. However, you sometimes have to scroll around to see everything, which is annoying. There is no way to pinch to zoom or double tap to see everything at once. In landscape mode, you have the email list taking up the left third of the screen, and still no way to see everything at once of the selected message, or to hide the email list. Hopefully these will be things Google will improve upon in future updates.

There are alternative email apps, but I've not tried any, so can't comment on how they work in terms of this specific issue. Perhaps a fellow forum member can give some advice in this regard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

henywatty

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
In case you were wondering, the built in Email app (simply called email, not to be confused with Gmail), works exactly the same way in terms of email viewing and layout.

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
File a report, I too don't like the labels taking so much space on the screen, if enough people complain they may make the labels column able to be hidden from view.

I sent them feedback today and hope others do so soon, just open gmail and it is one of the options in settings.

Sent from planet earth

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
The BlackBerry PlayBook email app has a toggle which you can use to switch back and forth from full page view when you are in a landscape mode. It also has some other features as the way it saves drafts which could be incorporated for the Nexus 7.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
According to Google, Jelly Bean 4.2, probably out in a couple of weeks, will allow "Message zooming in Gmail with the ability to reflow text automatically". So there you go!

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
According to Google, Jelly Bean 4.2, probably out in a couple of weeks, will allow "Message zooming in Gmail with the ability to reflow text automatically". So there you go!

That will make life so much easier, one of the reasons I still use my lab top is just to check emails.