Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
And every time you are forced to log back in, a new Nexus 7 device is registered so you have to keep going back to your Amazon account and deleting old ones (at least occasionally to keep below the limit).

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to Your Account, scroll down to Digital Content, and select Your Apps and Devices. On that new page, select Your Devices (menu box on left hand side).

Dave

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Apparently you needed to login to Amazon.com to view your devices, they seem to have forgotten to update Amazon.co.uk when they enabled their app store in the UK.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that

Unfortunately under that I only have 'Manage your Subscriptions' & 'Your MP3 Settings'

EDIT:Just seen other post, works fine on Amazon.com

Think I will ignore Amazon until this gets resolved

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
What's really frustrating is losing access to you Amazon-based apps when you don't have WiFi connectivity and can't log back in - you're hosed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Someone else in another thread suggested uninstalling the Amazon Appstore and then reinstalling it. So far, it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

grfehr

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Check your device registration on Amazon as well. It adds a new device every time you login.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jnexus

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Whew. Glad to know I'm not imagining things. Been dealing with this annoying bug since the 4.2 update as well. Day before yesterday it wouldn't let me login saying I've maxed out my registered devices. I had 23 Nexus 7 devices registered but only have this one Nexus 7 device too. Hoping for a fix soon because this is getting really tiresome. :(

stoneysilence

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Deleting all my devices on Amazons website seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Edit: Ok it worked for about 20 minutes and then I was signed out again. So deleting devices doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
In appreciation of the Amazon app of the day, I actually make an effort to always check their store first when I buy an app.
I think I am done with that behavior after this. This is really uncool.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The app has been getting updated with weird minor updates... of course, it won't tell you that. You have to download the freshest apk from here, straight to your device: https://www.amazon.com/app-email?t=...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2348879

It is also recommended you uninstall the previous version rather than upgrade it, but you can try either way. So far I haven't confirmed if today's update fixed the issue yet.

fareal

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The app has been getting updated with weird minor updates... of course, it won't tell you that. You have to download the freshest apk from here, straight to your device: https://www.amazon.com/app-email?t=...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2349050

It is also recommended you uninstall the previous version rather than upgrade it, but you can try either way. So far I haven't confirmed if today's update fixed the issue yet.

Thanks for that link. It is even newer as you said. Ends in 310 instead of 210. I'll try that on my Nexus 7 and GNex.

Sent from Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got an Appstore update pushed to my Nexus 7 which purportedly has a "Fix for Android 4.2 log-out issue." There's also a "Fix for a battery drain bug." The app version is 4.3.14.3C_522400310

To get it, go to the Appstore's Settings, click on Version and Release Notes, and tap Check for Update.