Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

Thanks for that

Unfortunately under that I only have 'Manage your Subscriptions' & 'Your MP3 Settings'

EDIT:Just seen other post, works fine on Amazon.com

Think I will ignore Amazon until this gets resolved
    nschiwy likes this.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

What's really frustrating is losing access to you Amazon-based apps when you don't have WiFi connectivity and can't log back in - you're hosed.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Over at AndroidForums, a user said that deleting all of his Nexus 7 devices at Amazons website and then logging in again on his N7 seemed to work

http://androidforums.com/nexus-7/648...app-store.html

I cant try this til I get home tonight.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Crazy, I had 23 Nexus 7 but I only have one physical
    - John

Currently stock: Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Someone else in another thread suggested uninstalling the Amazon Appstore and then reinstalling it. So far, it seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Check your device registration on Amazon as well. It adds a new device every time you login.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Someone else in another thread suggested uninstalling the Amazon Appstore and then reinstalling it. So far, it seems to have fixed the problem for me.
    Didn't for me.

Whew. Glad to know I'm not imagining things. Been dealing with this annoying bug since the 4.2 update as well. Day before yesterday it wouldn't let me login saying I've maxed out my registered devices. I had 23 Nexus 7 devices registered but only have this one Nexus 7 device too. Hoping for a fix soon because this is getting really tiresome.

Deleting all my devices on Amazons website seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Edit: Ok it worked for about 20 minutes and then I was signed out again. So deleting devices doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by stoneysilence; 11-19-2012 at 06:59 PM.

In appreciation of the Amazon app of the day, I actually make an effort to always check their store first when I buy an app.
    I think I am done with that behavior after this. This is really uncool.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

From other forums, using this older version of the App Store seems to fix it (appears to have done so for me after a couple of hours testing) --

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-mas-...lease-v4.3.apk

Dave
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    From other forums, using this older version of the App Store seems to fix it (appears to have done so for me after a couple of hours testing) --

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-mas-...lease-v4.3.apk

Dave
    Where are they discussing this version? It looks like a 4.3 version but I'm using a 4.0 version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

The app has been getting updated with weird minor updates... of course, it won't tell you that. You have to download the freshest apk from here, straight to your device: https://www.amazon.com/app-email?tag...idcentral00-20

It is also recommended you uninstall the previous version rather than upgrade it, but you can try either way. So far I haven't confirmed if today's update fixed the issue yet.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    The app has been getting updated with weird minor updates... of course, it won't tell you that. You have to download the freshest apk from here, straight to your device: https://www.amazon.com/app-email?tag...idcentral00-20

It is also recommended you uninstall the previous version rather than upgrade it, but you can try either way. So far I haven't confirmed if today's update fixed the issue yet.
    Thanks for that link. It is even newer as you said. Ends in 310 instead of 210. I'll try that on my Nexus 7 and GNex.

Sent from Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Just got an Appstore update pushed to my Nexus 7 which purportedly has a "Fix for Android 4.2 log-out issue." There's also a "Fix for a battery drain bug." The app version is 4.3.14.3C_522400310

To get it, go to the Appstore's Settings, click on Version and Release Notes, and tap Check for Update.
    Thanked by 3:
    stoneysilence likes this.

Just got an Appstore update pushed to my Nexus 7 which purportedly has a "Fix for Android 4.2 log-out issue." There's also a "Fix for a battery drain bug." The app version is 4.3.14.3C_522400310

To get it, go to the Appstore's Settings, click on Version and Release Notes, and tap Check for Update.
    Same here. Seems to have fixed the issue for me. Won't really know until I try again in the morning.

That seems to have worked for me too, thanks
    ~Sonic Alpha - 16GB Nexus 4 - 16GB Nexus 7
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Yes, the update has fixed the issue for me.

Got the update this morning as well and it seems to have fixed the login issues hopefully it helps with my battery life which unfortunately has not been as good since the 4.2 Jellybean update.

It seems to not be getting the update on my galaxy nexus...Did you need to sign in before it would find the update?

Quote Originally Posted by nschiwy View Post
    It seems to not be getting the update on my galaxy nexus...Did you need to sign in before it would find the update?
    Try going to the Amazon Appstore, hitting menu, settings and then version. I think there is an option to check for update there. Hopefully that will force the update since you haven't gotten it automatically yet.

[rant]Why the hell have they disabled paste on the login screen in this newer version? I use keepass to manage my passwords and this is really frustrating. Do they want me to use a totally insecure password? It wasn't even accepting my password when I simplified it. I'm really considering uninstalling the appstore, most of the 300+ free apps I got are totally useless, I might use 5 or 6 max. I can see why some people hate amazon.[/rant]

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

I got the update automatically on my Transformer Prime and Galaxy S3 but was unable to force it on my N7 (app said no update available) - I had to go the Amazon website to download it and install it.

ROM
    Stock

Guess I've had the app store for a while on my old Thunderbolt. It was version 2.something, and the "check for updates" has been telling me for a long time that no updates were available. Just downloaded it from Amazon again and it's almost unrecognizable (and a lot faster!). Maybe it'll stop force-closing on me 6-7 times a day?

Odd part is that on my Nexus 7 it looks exactly like it did on my Thunderbolt, so I'll check that when I get home and see how old that version is. I can't imagine it's THAT old, but...

Amazon Appstore has always been a little odd in that sometimes you can check for updates from the app, but sometimes you have to uninstall it and then manually download the new version from the Amazon site.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast