Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

Anyone else had this issue? Since I upgraded to 4.2, I have to log into Amazon App Store every day for it to work. Even worse, I have to log into it for any of the apps I downloaded from it to work. Prior to the update I would stay permanently logged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Splaktar likes this.

Default Re: Since 4.2, Amazon App Store Won't Stay Logged On

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRight View Post
    Anyone else had this issue? Since I upgraded to 4.2, I have to log into Amazon App Store every day for it to work. Even worse, I have to log into it for any of the apps I downloaded from it to work. Prior to the update I would stay permanently logged in.

Same issues for me. Don't know of any fix. Hopefully amazon updates cause some apps I can't use without being signed into the amazon store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    Stock

Yep, same here.

Most annoying is having it ding me whenever I fire up Tapatalk.

I left a comment. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

Update: Just got this from the Amazon support:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are facing with the Amazon Appstore on your Nexus 7 tablet after updating to Android 4.2.

I'd like to inform you, our technical team is already aware of this problem and they're working on taking care of it.

Errors like this are usually corrected shortly after they're reported. Situations such as this are rare, and our goal is to help resolve any problems you encounter as quickly as possible. I'm sorry I was unable to solve this problem more quickly and I will personally write back as soon as a resolution is available.
    Last edited by Zooks64; 11-17-2012 at 10:26 AM.

thanks for this information l shaII Keep an eye on this thread! Thanks to Google I have now found this forum, which I think will be very useful!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same issue

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Same for me as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Only happened to me until I started installing my apps, then it hasn't asked me anymore to log on.

I figured they would have had a fix by now. I came to this thread hoping someone had good news. It's annoying to say the least.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 5.9.902 build

I've had the same problem as well, glad it's being addressed already. Lucky for me that's the only app doing that. This one (Android Forms) Reader HD, etc have all worked just fine thus far.

Same issue here ... Only on Amazon apps

Raised this with a phone call from amazon two days ago, to be told that the repeat logins were new feature designed to protect the interests of the app developers. Its meant to stop unauthorised use of apps licensed through the amazon appstore. The bug is that the app won't remember your login details. I've uninstalled the app until its fixed.

I also noticed that everytime you log into the app- it adds a new device in your list of Android Devices associated with Amazon store. This will quickly fill up the max # of devices that you can have.

This is very bad - hopefully Amazon Appstore folks will fix this quickly. I wonder whether Google broke this purposely to discourage use of competing play store?

Osho

Quote Originally Posted by oshogg View Post
    I also noticed that everytime you log into the app- it adds a new device in your list of Android Devices associated with Amazon store. This will quickly fill up the max # of devices that you can have.

This is very bad - hopefully Amazon Appstore folks will fix this quickly. I wonder whether Google broke this purposely to discourage use of competing play store?

Osho
    Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I hope it isn't the start of a tit-for-tat series of exchanges. Didn't that happen already with Apple and Adobe?

I'm having a similar problem but for me it keeps saying wrong password or email! I checked on my PC & logged in just fine with the same login info...How can I fix this? Thanks!

That happens when you fill up your max number of devices authorized to the account. That number appears to be 25it was kind of hard to tell when I was going through the list of devices but all you need to do is log into your account online and delete the devices that you have created by logging in multiple times. I believe this is related to the fact that the Android now supports multiple users and the Amazon App Store app has not been updated to put your user information into the correct location. I could be wrong but that's what it seems like to me this point

Global Posts
    1,187 Global Posts
    ROM
    Gummy ICS

Same here. I even deleted ALL 25 instances of my account but it still does not keep me logged in.
    עם ישראל חי

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    Same here. I even deleted ALL 25 instances of my account but it still does not keep me logged in.
    It's not going to stay logged in until they patch the app. I don't understand what's taking them so long, though. they have some of the brightest minds in the field at that company, this should be something that gets fixed the same day that they know about the problem. It's getting to the point that I want to open up the apk and poke around and see if I can find the issue.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by nschiwy View Post
    It's not going to stay logged in until they patch the app. I don't understand what's taking them so long, though. they have some of the brightest minds in the field at that company, this should be something that gets fixed the same day that they know about the problem. It's getting to the point that I want to open up the apk and poke around and see if I can find the issue.
    Amazon tends to drag their feet on these things. Same reason it takes forever for app updates to get pushed through their store versus through Google Play. Hopefully enough people complain that they hurry up with it.
    Thanked by:

This has been bothering me since the update, I was tearing my hair out trying to find some sort of setting for it, lol.

Good to know I'm not alone

I've also noticed that the app fails to save changes to settings (such as notifications) :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    ~Sonic Alpha - 16GB Nexus 4 - 16GB Nexus 7

Annoying

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

And every time you are forced to log back in, a new Nexus 7 device is registered so you have to keep going back to your Amazon account and deleting old ones (at least occasionally to keep below the limit).

Quote Originally Posted by sushiguy732 View Post
    I had a similar problem, but it turned out I was removing kindle devices, not app store devices, make sure you are going to the app store to remove old devices.

How do you see what devices are attached to your Amazon account?

I looked for this and the only devices I see are kindle ones

Global Posts
    384 Global Posts

Go to Your Account, scroll down to Digital Content, and select Your Apps and Devices. On that new page, select Your Devices (menu box on left hand side).

Dave
    Thanked by 3:

Apparently you needed to login to Amazon.com to view your devices, they seem to have forgotten to update Amazon.co.uk when they enabled their app store in the UK.

Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast