Pre-Purchase ?

desgnr

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I was going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.70 because of the rear camera & Extra storage through Mini SD
But i hear the Nexus 7 is a better & faster tablet.
What can you tell me to convince me to buy the Nexus 7

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I was going to buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.70 because of the rear camera & Extra storage through Mini SD
But i hear the Nexus 7 is a better & faster tablet.
What can you tell me to convince me to buy the Nexus 7

The Nexus 7 is a faster tablet. It's got a quad-core processor. It's got a much higher-resolution screen. It's got more built-in memory. It runs the latest Jelly Bean so you get the native swiping keyboard, the multi-user support, lockscreen widgets, and the full-on vanilla Android experience like Google intended. The loss of a 3 megapixel rear-facing camera seems like not much of a loss to me, personally. And you can get a 32GB version that will have plenty of memory for most on-the-go users, and get an OTG cable to attach a USB thumbdrive if you really must have more.

But if a rear-facing camera and Mini-SD slot are dealmakers for you, the Galaxy Tab is a solid fondleslab at a reasonable price.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
You should do your own research and come up with a conclusion on whether it's worth buying the N7. We're not salesclerks here to serve you.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Fondleslab? Excellent name! That's exactly what the N7 is, yes indeed!!

Wish I could claim credit, but TheRegister has been calling touchscreen devices that since the early iPhone days. I loved the term, so I shamelessly stole it, and feel free to do the same. ;)