My first hardware problem. (Week #2) Screen Flicker?

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I arrived at work and unlocked my Nexus, and the screen was black. I thought maybe the lockscreen app I was using was opening so I hard rebooted with power button. Still black screen.
As I look closer I can see my desktop, so I physically tap on the back of the device and the LCD comes back on. It seems as thought with the slightest tap that the LCD will turn on and off.

I will not open the device to check for connections.
Should I call support, or see what Staples can do for me?
It was very odd, nothing remotely like this happened before.

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
My brightness was set at above 50%.
I been reading that when the device has week WiFi that it sucks battery juice that would go to the screen (sounds stupid since i've never heard of any device do this)
I had just walked in the building so maybe this was the cause. I can't make it flicker right now. And I know there were threads about this but they are old.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As I look closer I can see my desktop, so I physically tap on the back of the device and the LCD comes back on. It seems as thought with the slightest tap that the LCD will turn on and off.

This is not "screen flicker" this is a defective screen - probably a loose connection.

You can try popping the back off and see if someone simply didn't plug the screen connector in tight, but as it's brand new and you're still inside the 2-week Staples return/exchange period, I'd just take it right back to Staples and ask them to swap it out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A