Turns on without (when charging) enough charge and dies.

liam6502

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
My nexus 7 is about 6 months old and it's been going alright except for today. The battery was dead so i charged it and basically it turns on without enough charge so it dies almost instantly. I try turning it off the correct way so that it wont turn back on but there isn't enough time. It's pretty much in this endless loop, and i can't imagine the battery dying this much is good for it.
Anyone know how i can fix it or will i need a replacement?

kenjolly

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I've got the same problem - nexus was fully discharged so I left to charge ovrnight. Went to it and it's in a loop - starts up automatically and then automaticaly shuts down after about 7 seconds on the lock screen - no time to do anything and battery still at zero.

looks like it's taking about 10 seconds to start up once it's turned itself off.

Replacing the battery - not possible is it ? I've had mine 6 months so don't know whether to retun to retailer or speak to ASUS or Google.

Any help appreciated ? Does anyone think it's to do with the Jellybean update ?

Thanks

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Replacing the battery - not possible is it ? I've had mine 6 months so don't know whether to retun to retailer or speak to ASUS or Google.

I'd call Asus or Google first. Doesn't seem right that the battery is not working after six months. Your N7 is still on warranty so, if the battery is defective, they should replace it. I'd be interested to know their reply and if overcharging the battery (like over night) can damage it.

Good luck.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a very common issue. There are a bunch of threads about this but unfortunately, very few of them provide solutions (similar to the threads about os upgrades failing except in that case, none of the threads contain solutions). In any case, here is one suggested solution to your problem:

"Solution. Issue related to low battery, and wifi.
Connect to pc
Shut down nexus 7
Hold volume down and power
At the next screen, press up until it says recovery mode
Press power
You then get the Android with red exclamation
Press power, hold it and then press volume up
This should give the recovery menu.
Then once in recovery mode, plug in and fully charge (overnight).
Then shutdown.
Then restart.
All okay! ;-)"

From: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ic-screen-sound-shown-auto-shutdown-loop.html

samkatz

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
basically,this tablet is a disaster if you let the battery run down into the single digits. I've had the same issue a few times. As above, the recovery mode solution seems to work but it will still take all night for you to be able to use it.....

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Just got this problem today...however I went into the boot loader and turned off from there and then let it charge a bit and turned it on. Turned on fine at 8% its now at 14%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa