Few Nexus 7 niggles

Chrisnewton

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

First of all i am onto my 3rd nexus 7, the first one had a software glitch (or so i thought) as the battery usage kept resetting itself when i turned the nexus on, the second one has the famout glass lift, so no problem sent it back. The third one i have has exactly the same problem as the first one!

Basically i have charged it up twice now and have the following niggles....the first is the battery usage figures..when i charge it they reset like they should..but if i say use it for an hour and then turn it off the battery usuage settings reset them self, this will happen the first 2 or 3 times i use it then it will suddenly keep the settings fine untill i re charge the device then it does it again?

It also shows the screen on time as very low even though i could be on the N7 for an hour it will say screen on time 5 mins or so and wont change, could this be because i have the screen brightness set to minimum? it cant be a hardware fault as both my first and 3rd nexus did this ( i never turned the 2nd one on)

Finally when i have fully charged my nexus up it wont switch on as normal? i have to hold the button in for about 20 seconds for it to turn on, then its turns on as normal untill i fully charge the device then i have to hold it in again for 20 seconds for it to start.

Any help with any of these problems would be appreciated

Thanks

Chris

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What's a niggle?

Anyway, the battery stats and screen time as based off of your last reboot. If you leave it on it will stay, but once you turn it off it starts counting again. It also reset when you charge. Download Gsam battery monitor and it gives you the options to have it show you since last fill charge or last reboot.

Sometimes it takes a awhile to turn on, 15-20 seconds is not surprising.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
nig?gle
/ˈnigəl/
Verb
Cause slight but persistent annoyance, discomfort, or anxiety: "a nasty leg wound which still niggled at him".
Noun
A trifling complaint, dispute, or criticism: "it is an excellent book except for my few niggles"; "I have a few niggles about design".

I had to look that up....:p

But being from the south, I don't think I'll be adding it to my limited vocabulary...

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
'Niggle' is a pretty common word in the UK - I guess it hasn't crossed the pond yet?

I don't really understand why it should take 20 seconds to turn on when I only have to hold the button down for like 3 seconds on mine. Why is there such a difference?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
'Niggle' is a pretty common word in the UK - I guess it hasn't crossed the pond yet?

I don't really understand why it should take 20 seconds to turn on when I only have to hold the button down for like 3 seconds on mine. Why is there such a difference?

We will gladly accept the word niggle into the American version of the English language, if you will take Piers Morgan back.

Chrisnewton

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
What's a niggle?

Anyway, the battery stats and screen time as based off of your last reboot. If you leave it on it will stay, but once you turn it off it starts counting again. It also reset when you charge. Download Gsam battery monitor and it gives you the options to have it show you since last fill charge or last reboot.

Sometimes it takes a awhile to turn on, 15-20 seconds is not surprising.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

I am not on about the device taking 20 seconds to turn on but the length of time actually holding the button in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, sometimes you just have to hold the button for a while. Idk why, but that's why I never turn mine off or let it die

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty