Late to the party....Pinball Arcade

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This might be old news to some of you, but I just discovered this game last night from a friend of mine....it's called Pinball Arcade and what they have done is recaptured old 60's-70's to current pinball games and have done an excellent job. You can play for free until you have met the score limit then you get the option to buy a the current pinball machine with 4 others I believe or a 10 pack, I have not purchased any yet, but I think I may in the future......anyway, take a look at it

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...javaProject&feature=nav_result&token=hIx36Lt7

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Pinball arcade is awesome. My favourite tables are Black Knight and Gorgar, both ones I played back in the day. What I do NOT like is how they have stopped selling new tables singly. They usually release two tables at once and I'm usually only interested in one of them but my only option is to buy both for $5 which I'm not going to do. So until they go back to their previous practice of unbundling tables, I will not be purchasing any new tables from them.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll check that out. There was a table back in the 70's called Silverball, I used to Pwn that machine. Kinda like to see it again. In fact I should look for a real one for the "Man Cave"

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yup, Diddy beat me too it - Zen Pinball HD is excellent. Tables aren't based on old, real life ones, but the game play is realistic, and themes, graphics and sounds are imaginative and very well done. Plus, you purchase single games, not packs, at reasonable prices. They have a few Star Wars themed games coming soon, but I imagine those will be more expensive due to licensing costs.

The downside is that, because these are very graphics intensive games using lots of CPU/GPU resources, game play can have a glitch here and there (same with Pinball Arcade). It's best to shut down as many background processes as possible, perhaps even WiFi, to avoid this. Either that, or wait for a (hopefully) more powerful next-gen Nexus 7 this summer!

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this? - Pinball HD for Tegra
No, haven't tried it. The nice thing about Zen and Pinball Arcade is they're free to download, and either come with a free table or let you sample tables. This let's you take your time in deciding if you like the app and want to spend money on tables. With something like Pinball HD, you have to install it and try it out within 15 minutes to decide whether you want to keep it or get a refund. This isn't a horrible scenario, and it's pretty normal for lots of apps, but I prefer the approach taken by the other pinball apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch