Error: Your payment could not be processed at this time

rbrandon97

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Alright, here's my situation. I just bought myself a Nexus 7 tablet. Almost everything is working fine, and I've been enjoying this new toy of mine. However, there is one BIG issue. The Google play store won't allow me to buy apps. I can download free apps with no problem, but it will not allow me to actually PURCHASE anything. In fact, it's not even limited to the Google play store. I cannot purchase from ANY of Google's products. This includes apps, youtube movies, chrome addons, ect. When I try to buy something on the tablet, it gives me an error saying "your payment could not be processed at this time. you may receive an email asking you to verify your account". I never get an email to verify anything. The only thing that always happens is that I get two emails, one a receipt for my purchase and the 2nd a cancellation notice. If I try to buy something on the pc, for instance a movie off of youtube, it gives me an error saying "We couldn't complete your purchase because of a technical issue. Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Any charge will be automatically cancelled within 24 hours. Please try again after 24 hours."

So, here is what I've tried to no avail:
?Changed, updated, and reentered my debit card information countless of times.
?Cleared the data from the google play app, uninstalled updates, reinstalled.
?Synced my n7 with a different email, went through the google play store processed, then synced back to my main email.

So yeah, my last resort will be to contact google. Which i hate doing, since we all know that customer support doesn't give a heck about customers.

Any suggestions :(?

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Believe or not, Google customer support is pretty good. Remember, they want you to buy stuff from them, so I suspect they'll be more than happy to help you. Call them a call. But before you do, make sure you actually have money in your bank account! ;) or maybe :eek:

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Try going to play.google.com and buying an app from your computer. If it is successful, it will start installing on the N7, but if not, then the problem is not your device, but your linked credit card.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Now, this may be a stupid question to ask, but are you sure the credit card you're trying to use is not blocked?

2 weeks ago a fraud alert was placed on my credit card which blocked all transactions. I had to call my bank and verify everything before they'd let me use the card again.

rbrandon97

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
That is stupid at all actually, since it may just abotu be the problem. Just calle the bank, they said they just removed a block. Now i just have to w8 for the card to kick back in. Ty :)

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Literally the same thing happened to me as well a couple weeks ago, same error message and everything, trying to buy an app on the Play store is where I first noticed it. I knew right away to call since just over a year ago my credit card number was skimmed somewhere and almost $4000 in fraudulent charges were placed on it within about 18 hours. All ended well with that but now I'm more aware of what is happening when a transaction doesn't go through :)

thomas427

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same exact problem and called my bank. They told me its because I was attempting to make too many transactions at once (I was ordering selected songs, one after another in the music store). Don't purchase anything for a few hours and it should start working again, or so I hope.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same exact problem and called my bank. They told me its because I was attempting to make too many transactions at once (I was ordering selected songs, one after another in the music store). Don't purchase anything for a few hours and it should start working again, or so I hope.
It's better just to buy $5 or $10 of credit during the checkout process, and then use the credit to buy the songs or apps or whatever. Your bank statement will be a lot easier to read, too! That's assuming, of course, that buying credit like that is available in your country.

BHBandit

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
What is a number to call for Google support? I have yet to find one.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

fargo2013

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
finally i know why the error happens because google need an authorization at wallet
A smart, virtual wallet for in-store and online shopping ? Google Wallet
press more and then press authorization then press learn more and ...... because i already authorized i couldn't see the link of authorization it exist between the text i dont remeber where but that link required some personal data and upload two files one of them copy of your id and the second bank statment with your billing address i send them in arabic language and i surprised that google send me mail accepted my documents and finaly i pay application with success.
sorry for my language and i hope that help you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch