Left side of screen 1 frozen pixel and light "glow"

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i noticed that the very left side of my screen has this light glow to it, when held in portrait mode with the camera at the top. I can really notice it especially on black screens. So when i'm in the settings or haven't opened a tab yet on chrome. And this goes the entire length of the screen top to bottom.

I've also noticed there is one pixel that is stuck white. I'm wondering if this would be covered by the warranty? I wasn't sure how long the warranty went either? If it is at least 1 year that would be great as i bought it mid July last year.

Has anyone else had an issue like this? When i get home tonight i'll take a picture with my phone and post it up here. All i have to say is its VERY obvious.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You have screen/light bleed and a dead/stuck pixel. If you look at the warranty, I'm pretty sure it covers the number of dead/stuck pixels required for warranty to kick in...and I'm pretty sure it's more than one. That being said, people have certainly returned their devices with one dead pixel so you can try your luck if these issues are important enough to you. And yes, the manufacturer's warranty is one year.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
You have screen/light bleed and a dead/stuck pixel. If you look at the warranty, I'm pretty sure it covers the number of dead/stuck pixels required for warranty to kick in...and I'm pretty sure it's more than one. That being said, people have certainly returned their devices with one dead pixel so you can try your luck if these issues are important enough to you. And yes, the manufacturer's warranty is one year.

So i called up Google Play and they set up and RMA and are sending me a replacement device. Nice. That light bleed has been bugging the hell out of me for about a month now and was just getting worse and worse