android keyboard not working

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
U can try menu, settings, apps, all apps, Google keyboard, clear cache, force stop and then retry. Or go back to the app store and click on the download for the app and open it. It should ask you to re set it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you give us more details? Is it the main Google Keyboard app that you're trying to use? Are you ever able to use it, or does it only fail sometimes? Has it been updated to the most recent version?

varmanguitar

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I found that if you go to settings, apps, all apps and then to google keyboard you can uninstall updates and then it returns to factory setting. Worked on mine.:)

Alfredo De Armas

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I TOO HAVE THAT PROBLEM. tHE OTHER DAY IT WAS UPGRADED FROM 4.3 TO 5.0 AND TODAY THE KEYBOARD STOP WORKING (DOES NOT COME UP TO TYPE)?

i HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED AND DONE ALL BUT STILL NOT WORKING?

kjhamill

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I got mine working.

My android was un-usable. I tried all the options on this site and many other forums. I set the unit back to factory defaults but it still wouldn't work.

I could not get on the internet to get a new update because I couldn't use my keyboard to type the password to my router to setup the connection (sound familiar...lol). I ended up using the voice recognition software to get a password entered and get re-connected to the net. Then I did the factory reset and the update (under "about kobo arc 7" under settings (near the bottom)).

Its working fine now including the keyboard. The update took less than 10 minutes over wireless...

Badrinath R

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem, with my Moto G2. I did the above. Additionally I had to go to the settings > Personal > Language & input > Keyboard &input methods and then select the google keyboard before things work. Earlier even the keyboard was not showing up in the list of running apps. Now everything works fine.

Kathy Ersland

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I found that if you go to settings, apps, all apps and then to google keyboard you can uninstall updates and then it returns to factory setting. Worked on mine.:)

I also deleted the keyboard updates, 5.0, but it just happened again. I've had to delete them twice. How can I stop Google from downloading any time they want?

Last edited by a moderator:

Suzanne Morin

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I had to bring back my tablet to factory setting and when I tried to connect my keyboard to it again it won't work. I lost my keyboard instructions from a year ago.
Help!:-

schaedlermar

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
hi my phone is doing the same thing.. I've turned it on and off a few times. I even pulled the chip out and put it back in. I cannot even get to my settings for some reason. I was sleeping woke up, like I always do throughout the night, responded to a text, and then poof it started acting up. I do not understand what I did that made it do this. Is there anyway to get to my settings through a text? Please email me as soon as you can or write me on here if there are any other possible ways to fix this. Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch