Nexus 7: Deleting photos from auto backup

JACK27143

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
How can I delete photos from auto backup? No Gallery or auto backup app listed in my apps accesed via settings. Cannot find the photos I want to delete in internal storage when connected to laptop via usb. Can find all other photos apart from some in auto backup the ones I want to delete.

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Deleting photos from auto backup

How can I delete photos from auto backup? No Gallery or auto backup app listed in my apps accesed via settings. Cannot find the photos I want to delete in internal storage when connected to laptop via usb. Can find all other photos apart from some in auto backup the ones I want to delete.

do it from here.. it will be gone https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/search/#AutoBackup

JACK27143

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

the photos are still on my device but not on the the link so how do i delete from my nexus7. I acessed link via my laptop

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

May still need to sync, once it does you wont see the photos on your device.

I'm not too sure when or how the sync happens but it should at some point.

JACK27143

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

it has synced twice but unwanted photos still on device in auto backup.can I get shut of auto backup alltogether?

Andy Bell

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

If you go to the 'Photos' app rather than the gallery app, click on the 3 dots, go to setting and you turn it on or off in there.

I'm not sure why you're still seeing them though if has synced already?

JACK27143

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

The only place the unwanted photos appear are in Gallery auto backup and they just will not delete. Can I reset my nexus7 back to factory settings? would this then get rid of the unwanted photos. I think I would lose all my other photos but it would be worth it but I have them backed up on my laptop. Many thanks for the help so far

Danny Vaper

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

The only place the unwanted photos appear are in Gallery auto backup and they just will not delete. Can I reset my nexus7 back to factory settings? would this then get rid of the unwanted photos. I think I would lose all my other photos but it would be worth it but I have them backed up on my laptop. Many thanks for the help so far

I'm having the same problem.

Posted via Android Central App with 2012 N7

chewdon

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site

I had the same problem on my nexus 5. Even though Google + does not show the photo in the auto backup gallery it is still there somehow and will keep synching with your device. To get rid of it go into gallery on your device and autobackup. Find the photo you don't want. Open it and in the menu view the details. It will tell you the photo name. It will be long so write it down. Open Google + and go to photos. Search for the full photo name. It should now show the photo and you can delete it. Clear you gallery cache on your device and re-synch. The photo will now be gone. Good times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress