Nexus 7 won't charge after months uncharged

Linda Djohan

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My nexus 7 screen was broken so I never use my nexus7 anymore. I just left it there and I guess it drained out all the batteries since it has never been charged for months. Now I've replaced the screen, my nexus7 won't even charge or turn on when it's plugged to power socket. I tried all methods suggested by the support page, pressing power for minutes, power and volume down/up, charging via pc and power socket, plugging and unplugging battery cable, charged overnight, tried everything I could find on google and nothing works. Plug to USB and my computer doesn't even detect a hardware is connected.

No battery charging indicator, not even weird lines on the screen as some ppl have encountered. Is the battery completely dead now after months uncharged?
Please help me, spent so much to get the screen replaced and now it's not working at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, your battery is probably irreversibly drained. If lithium batteries completely discharge (which probably happened if it wasn't charged over the period of several months), then they can't be recharged.

CompuDino

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a like situation - I've managed to keep my battery working by carefully discharging and full recharging. This morning it would NOT start up. I immediately plugged into charger, had it come to 'life' just long enough to display 0% charged and then power itself OFF. It won't charge or return to life. Oh well after at least 4+ years of use, guess its not outrageous.

MY question is - what to replace it with?!? I am NOT a gamer, mainly using this for database and list keeping purposes. One thing I never liked about my original Nexus was no back camera, and no way - other than email forwarding - to back up data files. Plus taking almost a full minute to 'start up' isn't appreciated either.

I want a smaller device (6-7") with decent camera ability and external porting capability. I'm suspecting that the newer cores are faster for start up? Reliability would be nice too as I'm seeing lots of 'clones' that one wonders if they will last more than a short time.

Any insightful suggestions would be greatly appreciated! (I'm sad to say that AC has changed so much since my last time here that I can't find what I need. apologies for piggy-backing this post)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress