Nexus 7.2 16gb or 32gb recommendation

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
It's just that I'm starting to feel like I bought space I'll never even use. My last tablet was 16 so I know my usage well enough that there won't be any surprises in 2 months (or a year). I just got greedy. Like going to restaurant hungry and buying more than I can eat lol.

Since you wouldn't need the 32gb, then you should decide on the 16gb nexus 7. However, it is still better to just go with the 32gb. Who knows? You may need those extra storage in future.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 32 gb because I'm planning to watch a lot of High definition movies and TV shows on its gorgeous screen, plus I'm planning on putting games on their that are well over I Gb. And don't forget the 320kb music which are about 10mb each. They should have actually released a 64 Gb.

Sent from my GT-I9500

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Because I have no idea, what kind of games are over 1gb for Android?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thomas Daly

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
i'll be getting the 32g, though i never exceed 16g of space. the thing is i always stress that i'll need more space, which i never do.

i do think the 32g will be easier to re-sell in a year, and will retain more of its value.

ses2017

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Nexus 7, second gen., with 32gb. I rationalized the extra in this fashion : with the apps I use and OS sizes what they are, do I forsee them getting smaller? I arrived at "no".

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
32GB all the way.... For the extra $40 its worth having double the memory.. For me its better to have it just in case I need it instead of needing it and not having it....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Because I have no idea, what kind of games are over 1gb for Android?

Games like Real Racing, Asphalt and Need for speed could easily exceed 1gb. Basically, those hardcore games with awesome graphics and are usually released by popular companies such as EA.

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
32gb all the way. With all the high quality games like asphalt 8 coming soon you will need the 32 because their games sizes are easily 1 to 2 gigs. I also think a 64gb should have been an option too lol.

fishepa

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Games like Real Racing, Asphalt and Need for speed could easily exceed 1gb. Basically, those hardcore games with awesome graphics and are usually released by popular companies such as EA.

Gotcha thanks

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site

Kinda off topic but I wonder why? I'm currently playing Ravensword which has a big gameworld in incredibly vivid stunning graphics and it only weighs in at 512mb

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Kinda off topic but I wonder why? I'm currently playing Ravensword which has a big gameworld in incredibly vivid stunning graphics and it only weighs in at 512mb

I am not so sure about the exact reason but those popular games that has multiplayer support are always so big. I am guessing on the game engine used to develop these games.

HarpSilver

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nexus 7 from last year and though I haven't filled it much I'm grateful for having the 32GB version as I would find the 16GB to small also have a S2 which only has 16GB the only reason it is lasting me is that I suplemented it with a SD card to keep it going. So it really does depend what the device will be used for but bigger always more advisable considering that you cannot boost the N7.2 with SD slot if you run out of space.

Hope this helps regards Harp:D

joelgeez

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't matter whether it's a laptop, desktop, tablet, or whatever. I've never said, nor heard anybody say, "Boy! I wish I would've gotten less storage capacity." On the other hand, when I've compromised and gotten less than I should have . . . .
J

tg2708

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Since office max is doing a 20% off promotion until the 10th, i highly recommend people to purchase the 32gb. Savings is quite huge.

Last edited:

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have more than a year with my last tablet which was 16gb and I never needed to exceed it. 16gb iPads sell millions upon millions so it's rather silly to claim everyone simply needs the 32 just because you feel they do. Not everyone loads up their tablet just because, or feel the need to.

I never stored music or recorded video/photos on my last one because that was my phone's duty, and that still left me room for apps, games, and more than enough movies for long trips. I currently have the 32 but I'm strongly considering exchanging it for a 16 not because of the money but because I just dislike sitting here watching an extra 16gb go completely unused for no reason at all. That's an extra case of beer that I WILL use! ;)

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have more than a year with my last tablet which was 16gb and I never needed to exceed it. 16gb iPads sell millions upon millions so it's rather silly to claim everyone simply needs the 32 just because you feel they do. Not everyone loads up their tablet just because, or feel the need to.

I never stored music or recorded video/photos on my last one because that was my phone's duty, and that still left me room for apps, games, and more than enough movies for long trips. I currently have the 32 but I'm strongly considering exchanging it for a 16 not because of the money but because I just dislike sitting here watching an extra 16gb go completely unused for no reason at all. That's an extra case of beer that I WILL use! ;)

For some reason, I always dread having my photos on my phones because if they are lost I would feel the grief of that very badly...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
For some reason, I always dread having my photos on my phones because if they are lost I would feel the grief of that very badly...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Maybe I wasn't clear. I use my phone to take photos not to store photos. All my pics are in the cloud so I can pull them up on any device from one source rather than keeping and having to sync multiple locally stored copies.
Music I store locally and on my phone only because my smaller phone is my music while docked in my car and when working out. Pics and music are two things I find a tablet too cumbersome for so I can scratch them off my list for storage.

Last edited:

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am not so sure about the exact reason but those popular games that has multiplayer support are always so big. I am guessing on the game engine used to develop these games.

That is not always the case. Riptide GP 2 has pretty decent graphics, multiplayer, and yet it it has a file size of 46.07 MB.

Posted via Android Central App

shiltz

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It really is a shame Google wouldn't step up and put some reasonable storage on the new Nexus 7, 64gb at least, 128gb option would be even better, 16gb just isn't acceptable unless the device has expandable storage.

It's sad that I have to look to lesser speced tablets simply because Google skimped on such an important thing like storage, even 32gb doesn't come close to cutting it, especially given that a decent chunk of it is taken up by the OS so it's not even as much as a 32gb sd card, for a phone I have an LG Optimus G pro which has 32gb on board and a 32gb sd card, it currently has 13.49GB free on the internal and 52.16MB free on the SD card, and since the majority of the time I use a tablet is via it's own cellular connection or tethered to my phone cloud storage is not an option due to data caps. I rarely use mobile devices at home when I have wifi since my laptop is far superior then, tablet is just for portability.