"Share" button or icon on Asus Nexus 7

Al Magary

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm feeling dummylike as I'm setting up an Asus Nexus 7 for my wife, got it updated to Android 4.4.4 but just do not see where the 3-dot Share button or icon is hiding. My rooted Nook Tablet has that button (next to the Home and Back buttons at the bottom of the screen); my Galaxy S4 has it. But where is it on the Nexus? I'm used to tapping it to bring up the Share options--email, text, FB, Instapaper etc.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If something is shareable, you'll see the 3 dot Share button. The examples you gave--email, text, FB (posts, I assume)--are not typically share-able in the way that a photo or a website might be. Can you give us an example of something you can share on your S4 or Nook, but that you can't on your Nexus 7?

Al Magary

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
So on Dolphin browser on both my Nook tab and Nexus 7, I opened the lead NYT story. On the Nook, there's the Share button at the bottom, with popup menu incl More; tapping More gets to Share page; that gets me to Share via Gmail, Instapaper, etc. On the Nexus, no 3-dot button. As it happens, NYT has that little arrow you can use to forward, but only to email, FB, Twitter, and G+, an option not available on every website. Personally, I like to save to Instapaper, esp long articles.

Trying to use Dolphin Reader, a browser addon, but won't save the NYT article. Instapaper isn't available as a Dolphin addon.

I hate to think the Nexus is less capable than a rooted Nook tab!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you want to share a webpage on Chrome, tap the 3 vertical dot menu button, then Share, then select where you want to share it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez