Lollipop 5.1.1 Already

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
They did. I am running 5.1.1 Build number LMY47V. So far I like this tablet.

There's a maintenance update that will be releasing soon. You can wait for it OTA or download the factory image. My preference is to wait for the OTA. Keep an eye on Android Central for the news. Glad you like the tablet!

DriftlessDB

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Finally got tired of waiting for any update for my LTE Nexus 7 that was still sitting on 4.4.4, so I pulled the sim and hit the factory reset. After logging in with google, 5.02, 5.1 and 5.1.1 installed in succession. I'm on version 5.1.1, build LMY47V right now. Its a bit of a bummer doing the factory reset, but it does give you a chance to start from sctatch on how you want set up the screens and which apps you really use.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Finally got tired of waiting for any update for my LTE Nexus 7 that was still sitting on 4.4.4, so I pulled the sim and hit the factory reset. After logging in with google, 5.02, 5.1 and 5.1.1 installed in succession. I'm on version 5.1.1, build LMY47V right now. Its a bit of a bummer doing the factory reset, but it does give you a chance to start from sctatch on how you want set up the screens and which apps you really use.
Did the factory reset trigger the ota update? I am also sitting on 4.4.4 on my LTE model. Why won't it update without having to do that?

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
My tablet notified me of the 2nd 5.1.1 update (to LMY48G) and it's available as an official factory image on the website (for the Wifi, but not Mobile as of right now). I've modified, so can't do OTA. As usual, used NRT to flash and upgrade - went fine, lost no data or apps. Re-rooting took a couple more steps than normal, but following Wug's on-screen directions worked fine.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My tablet notified me of the 2nd 5.1.1 update (to LMY48G) and it's available as an official factory image on the website (for the Wifi, but not Mobile as of right now). I've modified, so can't do OTA. As usual, used NRT to flash and upgrade - went fine, lost no data or apps. Re-rooting took a couple more steps than normal, but following Wug's on-screen directions worked fine.
Have you noticed any difference? I'm debating if I should unroot and install it or not.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed any difference? I'm debating if I should unroot and install it or not.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Nope lol
I really hadn't noticed any issues with the previous 5.1.1 tho, to be fair

Posted via the Android Central App

DriftlessDB

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Did the factory reset trigger the ota update? I am also sitting on 4.4.4 on my LTE model. Why won't it update without having to do that?

Yes, pulled the SIM, did the factory reset and the updates appeared after signing in to google. Once I was up to 5.1.1 the SIM card went back in and everything worked fine. Don't know why the presence of the SIM card was stopping the updates.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It's a coincidence I got the update the same day my HTC One M9 got the update to 5.1. What a difference! My tablet is snappier, no lag and I'm not getting the orientation bug any more. Battery life appears to be back to normal, the drain has stopped.
I was starting to look at other tablets it was getting so bad. Looks like I'll be using the Nexus 7 2013 a while longer.

Posted via Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
......What a difference! My tablet is snappier, no lag and I'm not getting the orientation bug any more. Battery life appears to be back to normal, the drain has stopped.
I was starting to look at other tablets it was getting so bad. Looks like I'll be using the Nexus 7 2013 a while longer.

Posted via Android Central App

Similar experience after the 5.11 update was applied to my N7 2013 (stock N7, no root, OTA). Can't really validate the battery life part, only been running with the update for 36 hours. Should know by the end of the weekend.

Might be a "placebo effect" but the screen seem sharper to me. Also, the update completed smoothly, no problems.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Got it Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I'm extremely happy with this build and the overall performance of this tablet. These updates are really improving everything on this device. I never really had any problems before with the N7 but I give a thumbs up to Google

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87