How you finding Marshmallow?

izanaki

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
For me my Nexus 7 is running incredibly smooth. I'd go so far to say this is the fastest performing version of Android on the Nexus 7 in my opinion. Doze is also very impressive. Losing only a couple percentage points of battery life over night. Feels like a whole new tablet!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No problems for me so far. The only negative is that the continued smooth performance of this tablet prevents me from justifying the purchase of a new tablet.:p

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
No problems for me so far. The only negative is that the continued smooth performance of this tablet prevents me from justifying the purchase of a new tablet.
Same here! I'm just amazed how a tablet I've had over two years can still perform at this level.

cab2

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Can you choose a theme with a dark background as in kitkat?

Versions 5.x have bright-white backgrounds, hurts the eyes and wastes battery.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The dark theme option that was seen in Marshmallow preview versions was removed from the final version.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
No problems here either. Runs like new or better. Doze does help some on standby battery use. And the additional system info and options are good. But just doing normal stuff you wouldn't know the difference between Lollipop and Marshmallow.

I also have Marshmallow on my Nexus 4. Runs very well, fast and smooth.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Very happy, mine was running great on JB but it was a pig on both KK and LP. Now it's back to running nice and smooth again so :) :)
Another reason I'm happy about this is that I still haven't found another tablet in this size range I like as much as this that gets direct updates. The Nexus 9 just didn't do it for me.
I can't comment on battery because I use my tablet mostly for stuff that drains fast no matter what - movies and games.

Last edited:

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
No problems for me so far. The only negative is that the continued smooth performance of this tablet prevents me from justifying the purchase of a new tablet.:p

Yeah it feels snappier than it's been in a while. 2 year+ tablet and it's kicking. I bet I end up keeping it for 3 years or more easily. I'm still waiting for somebody to make a 7" stock Android tablet with new specs.

1eyedjack

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Could not be more pleased with 6.0. Smooth, fast and better battery life. My N7 2013 32 GB WiFi only, is probably the best electronics purchase I've ever made.

Posted via Android Central App

ohmslaw

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
As a long time co worker of mine use to say when things worked out really well.
"Slicker than a sneaker full of seal sh_t."

Bossy573

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Pretty amazed how smooth the tablet is with MM - especially with "old" hardware. The only issue I've had so far is with Gmail. After coming out of airplane mode, it will not connect to my work exchange server until I restart the tablet. This is off a clean install. So I just went to another Email app and that works fine.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Very pleased with how Marshmallow runs on my N7. Lollipop ran fine, but I like the new OS even better. The only down side, as many others have stated, is that I can't think of any reason to upgrade to a new tablet now (and I'm honestly fine with that, given how well it runs).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I only acquired my 7 a week or so ago, and almost immediately it started upgrading from 5.0. Went through seven versions till it finally ended on 6.0. No problems with the downloads and installs, one after the other, and no problems that I've noticed in Marshmallow.
A wonderful tablet, still worth buying. :)

CygnusOrion

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
No problems so far. Haven't used Google On Tap yet, I still dislike that Google destroyed that "swipe up" gesture on the home button to invoke Google Now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884