Nexus 9 Android 5.1.1 OTA update starting today!

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh has it been confirmed to be 5.1.1 and just not 5.1??

EDIT: Never mind, I see on Google+ it says 5.1.1 now. Twitter shows 5.1 only. thanks!!

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If it is released today more than likely it will show up on the developers page with a flashable image.
I'm not too sure it will be released on a Friday - these things usually happen around the first of the week.
Google releases OTAs in batches a few users at first (by a few that could mean thousands) then the next batch a few more than the next batch more just in case there are problems - then they can cut it off before Everyone is affected.
We shall see :)

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The announcement says coming soon, it was probably done to squelch the troll-attracting 5.0.2 update to verify 5.1.1 is coming but no date was given if I remember in post.

Posted via the Android Central App

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
true they just pushed the 5.0.2 update so it might still be a little while before we actually see 5. 1. 1 out in the wild for the N9.....

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
FWIW (and kinda what we already knew), but yeah, a build failed and they had to get an update for the update ready. o_O

androidforall

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
As much as I love Android and always will I am sick and tired of this update games. Why announce something when it will take weeks to get it. I know its release in batches but man it takes weeks to get yours. I have never use an iPad this much in my life because the Nexus 9 is just not stable and painful to use. I hope one day at Google I/O one of the main topics at the keynote will be Android Update. Its a big issue

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes wish there were different channels similar to ChromeOS or Linux distros you could subscribe to if you wanted bleeding edge instead of stable updates. At least I wouldn't have to read 6.7 million posts about how much this sucks.

Posted via the Android Central App