Help: Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL what should I buy!

flyer13

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
I've sold my Note 7 and I am looking to buy a new one the Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL.

considering the battery life!
another question I know the Nexus 6P come with 3GB of RAM while the Pixel XL come with 4GB.
Is there a big difference?
thanks,

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey bro, Android Central had a similar post for your question:- Should you upgrade to the Pixel XL from the Nexus 6P? | Android Central, while it's not direct answer to your question, but you can do the comparison which one is much more suitable for your requirement, or you might just Google Pixel XL vs Nexus 6P and there would be many relevant post for your question.

But to answer your question, Pixel will be more Google experience than the Nexus series, most of the latest Google functionality will reach Pixel device first (or maybe only available to Pixels). Both of them will be getting the latest Android updates, but the Nexus 6P had only left another 1 year period for receiving the OS updates.

Hardware wise, Pixel are rated IP53 for water and dust resistance(more like a water splash resistance to me), while Nexus 6p doesn't have it. You won't see any big difference in between 3GB RAM and 4GB RAM as both of them are running on Stock Android, which mean you will experience fastest and purest Android experience out of any other Android phones.

flyer13

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey bro, Android Central had a similar post for your question:- Should you upgrade to the Pixel XL from the Nexus 6P? | Android Central, while it's not direct answer to your question, but you can do the comparison which one is much more suitable for your requirement, or you might just Google Pixel XL vs Nexus 6P and there would be many relevant post for your question.

But to answer your question, Pixel will be more Google experience than the Nexus series, most of the latest Google functionality will reach Pixel device first (or maybe only available to Pixels). Both of them will be getting the latest Android updates, but the Nexus 6P had only left another 1 year period for receiving the OS updates.

Hardware wise, Pixel are rated IP53 for water and dust resistance(more like a water splash resistance to me), while Nexus 6p doesn't have it. You won't see any big difference in between 3GB RAM and 4GB RAM as both of them are running on Stock Android, which mean you will experience fastest and purest Android experience out of any other Android phones.

thanks arturkht for useful info.

Harry Lyme

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded. waiting for my XL to arrive. Already found a buyer on my pristine 6P on reddit for $200. ( Its a big loss for a 11 month old phone) I just want to be done with it. I'm happy with the two decisions.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm upgrading from a 6P as well. While I like the 6P, battery life is just average (4 hrs SOT is good for me, sometimes it's less), my does seem to occasionally suffer from lag likely due to throttling of the SD810 (it's always noticeably warm when this happens), and while the camera is decent, it's pretty damn slow, especially when using HDR.

Is that worth the serious difference in $? Only you can decide but it is for me. I'm finding extra value in the free Daydream View and serious savings with the unlimited full resolution uploads to Google Photos (I'd need to pay $10/mo to cover my photo library).

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

thanks arturkht for useful info.

There really are dozens of threads and articles on this site already addressing your question. A little research would answer most of your questions.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If I was in your situation, I would probably go with the XL. I have a 6P and love it, but if I didn't, I would just go with the newer phone.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a 6p. I really like it, but it has some faults. Not to say that the Pixel won't (price :-X), but maybe it will have less.
6p Faults:
Inconsistent Battery Life (just like ever other Android phone I have had, except of the LG G3)
Slow Camera
Only Ok photo quality (could be user)
The screen is very slow to come on. (I have to wait like 5 seconds for it to come on sometimes when pulling the phone from my head)
Screen slow to brighten up in the sunlight.
People often complain that they cannot here me when using the phone in hand (not on bluetooth)

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You won't get any updates with the 6P beyond Android O (Oreo? Oh Henry?) next fall. So if you plan on hanging onto whatever you get for a while, you might want to consider that. Although if you had a Note 7, you were probably resigned to only getting to Android O at best.

mikerelvasr8

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Asked the same question a couple days ago, but I saw today that the Nexus 5X and 6P will receive a beta of Android 7.1, possibly with most of the features on the Pixel phones. If you have the money, go for the Pixel phones. If you want to save some cash and still pack a great phone, which will eventually have the same features as the Pixel phones, get the 6P

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey!
I've sold my Note 7 and I am looking to buy a new one the Nexus 6p or the Pixel XL.

considering the battery life!
another question I know the Nexus 6P come with 3GB of RAM while the Pixel XL come with 4GB.
Is there a big difference?
thanks,
"sold your Note 7"...?

You know it's been recalled by Samsung, right? Hopefully the person you sold it to knows what's going on with the Note 7.

flyer13

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
"sold your Note 7"...?

You know it's been recalled by Samsung, right? Hopefully, the person you sold it to knows what's going on with the Note 7.

(I sold it, I burn it, I ........etc) do what I do....... that's not your business. No doubt the guy who bought the device know everything about the recall.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
(I sold it, I burn it, I ........etc) do what I do....... that's not your business. No doubt the guy who bought the device know everything about the recall.
Sounds pretty crappy to me but everybody has a different set of morals I guess. If you don't want it to be other people's business then don't go posting on sites like this.

Slicktune

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Sounds pretty crappy to me but everybody has a different set of morals I guess. If you don't want it to be other people's business then don't go posting on sites like this.
Damn legend has it the OP got so offended from what you said that's its been like 3 days as he never said diddly squat back...smh