eBay and Swappa

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I was looking around at what the Pixel/Pixel XL is bringing on these 2 sites. MY GOSH! Who would have thought people are so impatient they are paying $150+, even $200+, over retail for the phone. 128GB Pixel XL going for $1100+. Crazy!!

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
My goodness, those prices are STEEP!
You're telling me! I was shocked. I'd get a different phone completely before paying more than retail. I wonder if these people buying these phones pay a few thousand over retail on their vehicles too? Lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You're telling me! I was shocked. I'd get a different phone completely before paying more than retail. I wonder if these people buying these phones pay a few thousand over retail on their vehicles too? Lol

I'm shocked too! But I'm usually the person who waits until the prices shoot down before buying things... Lool.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm shocked too! But I'm usually the person who waits until the prices shoot down before buying things... Lool.
I had so many issues with my iPhone 7 Plus that I had no choice but to get the Pixel XL in 32GB. Getting the 128GB would have taken too long. But I refuse to pay more than retail for the 128GB. Thought about buying one off eBay or Swappa until I saw the prices lol I will wait for the second Pixel XL to get the larger storage option lol.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
As to eBay, it's very possible folks are trying to cater to buyers in parts of the globe where they can't get the Pixels through normal channels.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I looked at those places as well, but was not going to pay that much. I found someone local who wanted to trade for my iphone 6S, and is giving me the Daydream code. No regrets in my transaction. Maybe I should sell it now though and get a nice profit haha.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I was looking around at what the Pixel/Pixel XL is bringing on these 2 sites. MY GOSH! Who would have thought people are so impatient they are paying $150+, even $200+, over retail for the phone. 128GB Pixel XL going for $1100+. Crazy!!

To each his own. I bought a Really Blue Pixel XL with Google Protection on Swappa for $975. Considering with tax it would've cost me $921 from Google, I'm more than happy with paying an extra $50 on a device that is sold out and has been since launch. You just have to find the right deal.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
To each his own. I bought a Really Blue Pixel XL with Google Protection on Swappa for $975. Considering with tax it would've cost me $921 from Google, I'm more than happy with paying an extra $50 on a device that is sold out and has been since launch. You just have to find the right deal.

Google Protection is transferable, but it doesn't just automatically go with the handset. Make sure to verify that the seller actively went through Google to transfer that protection to you as the new owner. If they didn't, it won't be of any use to you - and they could alternatively (and unethically) cancel the protection now to get that cost back (or later for a prorated refund).

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Google Protection is transferable, but it doesn't just automatically go with the handset. Make sure to verify that the seller actively went through Google to transfer that protection to you as the new owner. If they didn't, it won't be of any use to you - and they could alternatively (and unethically) cancel the protection now to get that cost back (or later for a prorated refund).

Already transferred over. I was sure to ask about it before purchasing. The seller filled out the transfer immediately after I paid, I got the email from Google, filled out my information and it was done. Device is covered until 11/07/2018.