Blackberry Keyboard

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I just got my Pixel yesterday and I am coming from the BB Priv. Really love the keyboard and was wondering if anyone knew how to get the Blackberry Keyboard or a keyboard similar to it on the Google Pixel?

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I've seen it in the play store. I just came from using a Z 10 for the past 4 years and was going to download it as I didnt like the stock keyboard at first, but I'm really liking this one and am going to continue using it for now .

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I tried looking for it in the play store but it wasn't there. I was reading online and most say Blackberry Keyboard for Android so I thought it would work on all androids but I guess it was only for Blackberry androids.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry my bad I know the hub is offered. There are quite a few out there that I know that use swift key and they say it's very similar in alot of ways and they had no issues adapting to it.

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Pixel yesterday and I am coming from the BB Priv. Really love the keyboard and was wondering if anyone knew how to get the Blackberry Keyboard or a keyboard similar to it on the Google Pixel?

You can download blackberry manager like I have done. Just Google blackberry manager. Once you download and install it you will have access to the keyboard and may other features from your Priv.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the BB keyboard on my Pixel XL. As bbhybridchris mentions, get the Blackberry Manager from the Play Store and then have it download and install the BB keyboard. And the BB keyboard does not require a subscription!

rslifkin

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site

Out of curiosity, any chance you could give a quick Pixel vs Priv review? If it weren't for the preference for a smaller phone (which I could get over) and Verizon being terrible about releasing updates for the Priv, I probably would have bought one instead of the Pixel (I <3 a good physical keyboard). Now if they ever release a Priv 2 with updated guts, I might have a hard time staying away from it...

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my Pixel XL a few days ago and one of the first things I did was install the BlackBerry keyboard. Partly because I am so used to it, and also because it really is a great, quick keyboard.

Here is the link to how to get it. Super easy, takes like 2 minutes.
https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059855

9318dc09ca5446616b85e52d303ea865.jpg

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Out of curiosity, any chance you could give a quick Pixel vs Priv review? If it weren't for the preference for a smaller phone (which I could get over) and Verizon being terrible about releasing updates for the Priv, I probably would have bought one instead of the Pixel (I <3 a good physical keyboard). Now if they ever release a Priv 2 with updated guts, I might have a hard time staying away from it...

Hmm...this would be the first time to give a review on phones but I will try my best to sum it up.

Priv:
Updates: Horrendous because Verizon sucks in releasing updates in a timely manner.
Battery: 12-15% battery left from ~8:30am-11:30pm. That's from texting on regular Verizon messages+ and Skype, phone calls, playing Candy Crush, Youtube, Feedly, and web browsing. Playing Pokemon GO, I always had to put it in battery saving mode or it wouldn't last the whole trip and charge the phone after I was done playing.
Temperature: For me it was still a heat magnet with the MM update others had better experience.
Camera: Front facing camera was not the best. If you don't take selfies, then the back facing camera will definitely not disappoint you. It is amazing, had the chance to take lots of great photos with that.
Storage: Loved that it has the microSD slot. Had a 200GB card and barely even dented it. The internal storage was different it was already 60% full.
Other: No fingerprint scanner but the keyboard was the best!!!!

Pixel XL:
Updates: Hopefully it would be faster.
Battery: I just got my Pixel on Wednesday and yesterday was the first full day that I had of using it. I went from ~8:30am - 11:30pm and ended up with 42% battery left. And this was with heavy use, phone call, texting on Messenger and Skype, Pokemon Go (did not put in battery saving mode like I did on the Priv but 1 hr of hunting and it used 20% of the battery), Youtube, web browsing, browsing through the Play Store, Facebook, Feedly, setting up Android Pay, and using and abusing testing Google Assistant. I'm not sure if these have an effect on battery but I do have a live wallpaper and got Light Manager for the notification lights.
Temperature: Cool - warm never as hot as the Priv got. Only got warm when I was playing Pokemon GO and downloading all the apps.
Camera: Opened it once but never gotten the chance to take a picture yet.
Storage: After downloading all the apps, I had already used 11.91GB. But I got the 128GB.
Other: Load time was definitely faster than the Priv.

I don't think they would ever release a Priv 2 that was made all by Blackberry but it could happen with another brand of phone like they are doing with the DTEK 50 and 60. But it wouldn't be the same. It is also hard to say if Verizon will offer Blackberry phones in the future.

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Picked up my Pixel XL a few days ago and one of the first things I did was install the BlackBerry keyboard. Partly because I am so used to it, and also because it really is a great, quick keyboard.

Here is the link to how to get it. Super easy, takes like 2 minutes.
https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059855

Do you know how I can get the keyboard to not pick up the passwords that I type in? I don't remember the Priv keyboard picking up the passwords that I input on browsers and apps.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you know how I can get the keyboard to not pick up the passwords that I type in? I don't remember the Priv keyboard picking up the passwords that I input on browsers and apps.
I don't believe it will pick up your passwords? I havent had a any of those saved in my keyboard yet...

tgrsnpr

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't believe it will pick up your passwords? I havent had a any of those saved in my keyboard yet...

Hmm..that's strange. I typed in my facebook password on the Firefox browser and it picked it up so I went into the settings and deleted it so it wouldn't show up.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps it has something to do with it being used in Firefox....? I have only used Chrome so far and haven't noticed anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87